reverse light | FerrariChat

reverse light

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by vikater, Jan 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vikater

vikater Rookie

May 23, 2003
    My car was at major service and now the reverse lights are not working, I have already checked the fuses and lamps and they were OK. The car is 348 TS 1992. This time they let me go through the control when I showed that I have just been at service but next time will be in March and must fix them before that, any suggestion where I start searching. Thanks in advance, JFH-856 from Finland

2. vikater

vikater Rookie

May 23, 2003
    any ideas, somebody ?

3. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    I don't know how the 348 backup switch is but if it is like the 308's then you should be able to see the switch in the shift gate. Look in the shifter slot and you should be able to activity the switch. If you remove the shift plate you should be able to see if the switch is bad. Just short out the 2 wires going into the switch and if the lights work then the switch is bad. Check it out

4. Whatever

Whatever Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2002
    Highland Village, TX
    Full Name:
    Dan Marlett
    I had the same problem, it is the reverse switch mounted in the gear shift box. A new one cost me $90.00. It was easy to replace, good luck.