thinking about buying 308 with SN 25705 | FerrariChat

thinking about buying 308 with SN 25705

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by johng, Nov 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    #1 johng, Nov 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    hi everybody

i've been looking into buying SN 25705, 1978 308 GTB, it's in the atlanta area, hopefully i attached a picture...just looking for any info, "stories" and other helpful hints.

thanks
    john
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i've seen this car in several places around Atlanta; Road Atlanta, Italian Car Day, etcetera... Aside from having seen it and knowing it's beautiful, i unfortunately don't know much about the car...

3. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Love the color!!

4. 512Professore

512Professore Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    USA, GA.
    Full Name:
    Brian Strasburg
    johng:

I personally know the owner of this 308GTB, and he lives only 2 miles from me. The car itself, as far as I know, is an excellent example of a '78, and to my knowledge has no "stories" or "shadyness" assoctied with the car or the owner. The car is in excellent running condition, and the owner is quite passionate about taking car of his automobiles. The car has been garage kept, and kept quite clean, even underneath the carriage/chassis areas. Go check it out, and you will see for yourself.

I don't know how often the car has been driven, but if there is a chance of bad weather, the owner does not drive it. I wouldn't say it's a "garage queen" by any means, but it sure runs nicely with books, records, etc. I don't know what the asking price is, but since the owner is a very honest and down to earth person, I would assume it is priced according to market.

Yeah, I like the color as well.

5. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    thanks for the replies guys. i am hoping to see it in the next week or so...

john