Williams target Heidfeld | FerrariChat

Williams target Heidfeld

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by F1racer, Jul 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I just heard this on tv.
    All hopes on Gene is over....it wil be a showdown between Heidfeld and Pizzonia. Whoever is faster during testing will get the job.
    I really hope Nick gets the job!
    JV going to Williams seems to be over...
    If someone wanted NH it has to be Frank Williams.
    And Sam Michael wants Webber and I'm sure he will be there next year.

http://www.f1central.net/news/1089703347.html

2. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Are you kiddin' me. Heidfeld can get out of his car and go get lunch, read the newspaper, and change his nomex socks and STILL BE QUICKER THAN PIZZABOY.

Why do I say this. Pizzaboy will never finish one lap without rolling the BMW or hitting some immovable object.

They would be nuts to put Pizzaboy back in a race seat.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

3. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    LOL
    When I read Heidfeld or Pizzonia ..I was wondering why AP?
    Gene and Pizzonia are both slow but at least Gene doesn't get in trouble.
    Now Heidfeld would be a great choice. If I remember well ..when NH and KR were at Sauber ...Nick was faster.

4. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    There are also rumors of Fisichella going to Williams. Certainly Heidfeld and GF are way overqualified for the midfield teams they've been relegated to for the past few year.

All I can think of in regards to Pizzonia is how the wrote off that Jag S Type R with 3 journalists on board. The video is scarry, it seem obvious to everyone on board that there no way they will make that corner... except Pizzonia. If I was in that car, I would first check to make sure everyone was okay, and then I'd proceed to beat the living crap out of Pizza for nearly killing everyone.

5. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    This is Heidfeld's big chance. If he can get the spot and then outrace JPM someone will be bound to want him. Is Renault's 2nd spot still taken? I think the final decision for Williams will come down to Fisi or Heid.......

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It'd be great to see quick Nick in a car where he can proove himself (or not). He almost called it quits at the end of last year, so I'm glad he was able to hang on.

I agree, jungle boy shouldn't cause him too much of a headache. I guess everybody was surprised how slow Gene was in comparison to JPM in Silverstone. He basically self terminated his career right then and there.

7. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    Pizzonia is fast, but only in testing. Look at some of his times - he is quick, just can't make it happen in the races.