348 Spider Local Auction | FerrariChat

348 Spider Local Auction

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by furmano, Jan 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
  2. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    They have now added a 2001 Porsche Turbo.

This appears to be on Saturday, I may go just to see the 348 (not interested, just curious). If anyone wants to go, let me know.

James in Denver

3. negers325

negers325 Rookie

Jul 9, 2007
    earth
    ill be there

4. butch355

butch355 Karting

Jan 27, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brent
    that car was stored at dave helms in boulder and he worked on it. the car has a salavage title from theft recovery. the auction house is trying to say the car having salvage makes no sense since its SO NICE! I am troubled they are not telling people this on the web site? I know the owner of the auction house and checked on this about a month ago and get the low down...hehe

I would call dave if you are interested on this one since he worked on it and find out about the amount of clouded history on this one.

All I would say is DONT EVER buy any car with salvage for any reason unless you plan on going to the grave with it because 98% of buyers wont touch it for any reason. I know this from prior experience.

5. butch355

butch355 Karting

Jan 27, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brent
    well, I was right the car did have a salvage history and leaked oil with some paint work.

it sold for $47,000....that seems really high for a salvage car??

Oh well. the turbo sold for $48,000 with prior acident history and many odd extras. Full NADA on that one. Hmm these auctions are not the best deals right now. Hehe

6. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    Wow, those numbers do seem extraordinarily high.

7. mike

mike Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Either un-informed buyers or shills..... bid them up...
    some people just goota "have it"... what ever it is...

I went through a bidding process on ebay this last weekend, I was bidding on a 328 Aux Air Valve. I was winning the bid at $176.00 with a (reserve) high bid of $188.00. right at the final second, someone with auto bid got it for like $192.00... I learned my lesson.. should have had my reserve at $5000.00.. doubt he woulda gone that high...LOL