355 Radio Wiring Diagram | FerrariChat

355 Radio Wiring Diagram

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Octane116, Jan 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Octane116

Octane116 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Near Milwaukee, WI.
    Full Name:
    Cliff M.
    I bought a 355 Ferrari (Sony) radio to install in my 86 TR. Anyone with color code/color on the 355 radio, please let me know.

2. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    Searched in the workshop manual but doesn't show the stereo wiring, just the wiring to it - probably your best bet would be to contact the Sony technical department in your area and if you give them the serial number / model code off the back of the set they will give you the information you require.

MW

3. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    I also tried that route, but without success. When I wanted to figure out the wiring on the 550's OEM Sony radio, I contacted Sony's service headoffice in Tokyo, but it said it does not keep any data on OEM specific models.

In the end I removed the radio from car and there was a label on it that answered most of my questions.

I think most Sony head units use fairly standard wiring color. So you can identify most of the leads. Yellow for +ve power, black for ground, blue for remote amp turn on, etc.. Comparing your unit to a similar Sony branded mass market model will help a lot.

4. Octane116

Octane116 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Near Milwaukee, WI.
    Full Name:
    Cliff M.
    Still searching for the magic pill on this question folks

5. Octane116

Octane116 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Near Milwaukee, WI.
    Full Name:
    Cliff M.
    Thanks to those that responded and to those that were searching for information and hadn't yet responded (I know your out there). Turns out I found the answer online, on the Sony website. Isn't the web informative as well as fun.