355 rear wheel | FerrariChat

355 rear wheel

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 355Aloha, Mar 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355Aloha

355Aloha Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    Honolulu Hawaii
    Full Name:
    John N
    Help
    Need to locate a 355 rear wheel.
    The Tire shop broke the wheel when they were changing the tire.
    Does anybody know where I can get one used in good condition????
    I have cheched a number of the places and come with nothing.

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I hope the tire shop is paying

3. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

Good Luck to you.

I guess that's why the dealer charges so much to do the tires on an F-car.

Yes, and I hope the tire shop is paying for it...

4. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Make them pay for it from the dealer. If you have to buy it - Try Ernie's Alloys in Miami (305) 891-1522 or http://www.ferrariservice.ws/ - they are in Costa Mesa CA

5. 355Aloha

355Aloha Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    Honolulu Hawaii
    Full Name:
    John N
    Thanks Guys
    Ferreri Service (Mike) does not have any wheels, that was the first place I called, will give Ernies a call in the AM
    The tire store insurance company is fighting the claim. The last time I go to C----o for tire install on my Ferrari.
    Thanks again
    I will keep looking.

6. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    John - Probably tough to find one wheel by itself. You have likely considered this already but try one of the sellers on Ebay. There are always multiple sets for sale there. Perhaps your other three wheels are in mediocre shape and buying a newer set of four would be ideal at this time. You could then auction off your three older ones and recoup some or most of your money selling them as spares or replacements for other people who only need one. OR maybe we hope you find one for sale by itself and NOT have to consider my convaluted plan! :)

7. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    John - sorry to hear about this. How exactly did this happen and what exactly "broke"? Do you have any pics of the wheel? The more I know and see, the less I trust unknown people with my cars anymore. The days of real craftsmanship, attention to detail and true customer service are going quickly.

8. 355Aloha

355Aloha Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    Honolulu Hawaii
    Full Name:
    John N
    I tried to upload picture. File to big.
    They won't tell me what happened.They even deny it now.
    The broke a pice the size of a dime off the inner side rim and a three inch crack expanded out from that point in two directions.

9. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    sue the b4stards

10. TFreak

TFreak Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Plovdiv, Bulgaria
    Full Name:
    Deyan Nanev
    It may sound ridiculous 2 you, but here in Bulgaria when somebody damaged his rim, he gets it repaired - it's much cheaper and effective. Whey weld it, polish and repaint it - it's as good as new. Well, I don't know if there's such service in US.

11. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Shoot - It just happened to me too!

Putting on new tires and the mechanic (a well know independent) who has a tire machine in his shop farmed out the work. Put 3 major chips on one wheel - I'm pissed like hell becaues Sebring this weekend with a concours wrap up on Sunday! He wants to send it out for repair repair this Monday for repaint but I think the chips are way too deep. I hope I don't have to sue.