360 Spider Valuation | FerrariChat

360 Spider Valuation

Discussion in '360/430' started by Tpup, Dec 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tpup

Tpup Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Hello,

I've been a long time Porsche owner. Untill recently, I have enjoyed a car for one to two years and sold it for close to what I paid (90%-95%). I don't put a lot of miles on cars and keep them in "as new" condition. Since the 996, Porsche's have dropped like a rock in value; my 2K mile 996 Turbo has dropped 33% ($40K). I like cars but I like money better:)

My question is this, what do you guys think will happen to the 360 Spider over the next few years? If you get one retail ($180k-$190k), what do you think will happen to values given the new Lambo and other higher hp cars coming out? What has happened with the 355 spider over the past few years?

Thank you in advance for any and all comments. I love the car but don't want to take a $50K to $100K bath on it...

Happy New Year!
    RoyO

2. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Nobody knows the awswer to this but I think the values will be good for 2 years and then drop down to the 355 level. The spider will hold better than the coupe. Don't buy the car if you love money more. Invest it and you may gain. A better bet would be a 550 or 355 as far as depreciation goes.

3. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    I agree with above. If you want a ragtop and don't want a huge hit on depreciation, buy a 355 spider. Good cars should be in the $70,000 to $90,000 range. They should still depreciate say 5-10% a year. I think a 360 spider will loss more dollars, not percentage, in time. I bought a 355 spider and I love it. I am on the list for a new spider, but it will probably take at least a four year wait.

4. Casey_A

Casey_A Rookie

Dec 31, 2003
    Texas

When it comes to newer cars you are always going to take a big hit. This is especially true if you are paying retail. :(

FWIW, My MO is to buy used cars, slightly used that is, and let someone else take the hit. You don't have that new owner pride but at least you have your money.

You want good holding value? Buy a 288 GTO or some other classic piece. The prices of collectors items may flucuate but not enough to give you heartburn.

Regards,
    -Casey