84 Euro QV warm up Regulator | FerrariChat

84 Euro QV warm up Regulator

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by speedmoore, May 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    Could any of you with European QVs (83-85) confirm the part number physically located on the top of your warm up regulator?

According to Ferrari, it should either be 0.438.140.116 which is the same as a Euro 328, 412. Which sells for $727

The one on my car is a 0.438.140.011, which is the same as some of the early cis porsches. Not sure if someone replaced it with the porsche unit sometime during it's life or not.

If it is correct, that is the 011.........I can buy one for a WHOLE LOT less.

So, Euro QV owners.......please help? All you need is a flash light and look right down on top for the number. All the no.s will be cast except the last three will be stamped. Sorry, you'll have to read up side down ;-)

d

2. ctk

ctk Karting

Jul 2, 2001
    Singapore
    Mine has a a Part No. 0 438 140 108.

It has two vacuum take-offs in the body.

You might want to post this question to Wayne at PelicanParts, a Porsche site. He is very knowledgeable on CIS matters.

As far as I can tell, the different part numbers tell you of the body style of the WUR, mounting bolt location, vacuum take-offs and perhaps vacuum capsule sizing.

I had my 108 go faulty on me, the heating element disintegrated inside. I couldn't find a spare unit, so I finally swapped out a working element into my unit and it still works. (2 years on).

If you are attempting to open up the unit, there are spring and washers in it, remember the sequence of installation otherwise, you will find out that the unit will give out unadjustable flow rates, making it too rich or too lean depending on how it was reassembled.

3. carlrose

carlrose Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Hi Mr. Moore,

First off - unfortunately can't help you with part #. The Bosch website has a part # lookup, but not sure if applies to non-US cars.

Just wanted to post I encountered the same thing looking for a US 328 WUR about 3 months back. Spoke with the Bosch folks in Chicago, bought one of three left on their shelf & they told me model was discontinued without superceeding #. Finding the factory price similar to your experience, I ordered via the nearest NAPA (Bosch authorized retailer) for $392 & had in hand in 72 hours.

In case you can locate one at Bosch this may be optimal method to procure.

Best,

:) Carl

4. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    This regulator I have is also what is found on the 924 Porsche from 77-83 However, it looks "stock" not modified factory on mine. I have seen a number of different warmup regulators on the 308s over the years. But, there are no vacuum ports on this one, just the banjo bolt holes and the electrical connector. I'm just curious to what other QV owners have and if there is a whole slew of different ones out there for the same model.

Thanks

d

5. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    I know what is supposed to be there from Ferrari, but I also know mine is not the same. Anyhow, have located replacements for both part nos.

I'm just curious if others out there have the same part no.

US warmup regs are different from the Euro......the factory warmup reg for the Euro QV is also the same for the Euro 328....but not the US

d

6. ctk

ctk Karting

Jul 2, 2001
    Singapore
    The 108 is a modified unit for a turbocharged engine.

The later WUR had a vacuum line to provide acceleration enrichment. The Euro versions also has another vacuum function to allow for high altitude adjustment.

7. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    Hmm, interesting....thanks
    d

8. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    FWIW my 85 Euro Tr has the 116's. Here's a link to a great resource on these and fuel dist. units. Give John a call. He's very knowledgeable and loves to fill you with info. He's helped me. http://www.specialtauto.com/warm-up-regulators.html

Edit: speedmoore, being from Tx yourself, you've probably already been there and done that :)

Kenny K.

9. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    thanks Kenny