Air Conditioner blows fuses on a 550 Maranello | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Air Conditioner blows fuses on a 550 Maranello

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 15765, Feb 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DPA360

DPA360 Karting

Jul 16, 2007
    I understand that part, I ws under the impression that the compressor could stay in the car while the clutch coil was removed only

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    It may depend on how much space you have to work with. Also, if you hand it to the experts, they can check things like bearings, clearances, diodes, etc. You'll still need to remove the drive belt. You'll need a variety of tools... impact gun, circlip pliers, feeler gauges, etc.

There are a few interesting non-Ferrari specific YouTube videos on the subject.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Well that might be but they leak like a sieve and need to be resealed about every other day.

4. DPA360

DPA360 Karting

Jul 16, 2007
    understood:) will have it completely overhauled then

5. Terence

Terence Rookie

May 13, 2015
    Seoul, South Korea
    Full Name:
    Terence Lim
  6. Amin.S

Amin.S Rookie

Nov 26, 2015
    Munich, Germany
    I have encountered the same problem with my 550, fuse blows while using the AC for a few minutes (which btw doesn’t blow cold air). Removed the airbox to check the compressor and was greeted by a weird wire with a resistance attached to it. Am I right in saying this doesn’t look OEM? Input from fellow owners is very welcome! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    That's a diode.... Perhaps used to protect the relay contacts (less sparks).

(EDIT) If that's the power wire, it looks like it's shorting to the metal pipe.

Insulate the wire with tape and reinsert the fuse.

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Lack of refrigerant with oil can cause compressor problems and would explain no cold air.