Anyone do voiceover work? | FerrariChat

Anyone do voiceover work?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by netviper, Jan 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I am looking to get started in the business and I would like some tips if anyone has some. Do I need an agent? Do they even have agents? I have done a couple of commericals in the past and really enjoyed it.

2. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    I used to be an actor (long time ago), my acting agent got me into some voiceovers. Its all done through an acting agent, contact the agency, come in for a test, they'll get you auditions. Its not just a matter of voice though, you have to be able to read scripts how they're meant to be read, without stumbling, breathing hard etc.

3. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    Dave, I know the guy who does national VO work. I am unsure if you will gain anything from talking to him, but could not hurt. The deal is that the manner in which he responds to your inquiry will depend on when you catch him. If he has had a bad day, he will most likely chew your head off. If you catch him at a good time, he will most likely talk your ear off. I will try to PM you his name, phone numbers, credentials, etc. He is based in NE MS, so you could go to visit him quite easily.

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I don''t but my cousion does for a Jap animie show called DRAGON BALL Z for FUNIMATION. She is Chi Chi, (Cnythia Cranz) & she has been doing it for over 6 years. She has done very well with it & other shows, I'm so proud of her! I'll ask her & let you know.
    :)