At my local dealer yesterday. | FerrariChat

At my local dealer yesterday.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Carnut, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I went in to see the guys at Alger yesterday, to talk about finding me a nice 575 and I was surprised to see how much action they were getting. While I was there someone traded in a really nice 512 for CS and then a 348 for a 550, and they just got in a nice looking 99 360 gearshift car in Blue, and there were quite a few Maserati cars going out for test drives. I have to admit that I thought the market was alittle soft, but apparently not here in PA. I could not even find a parking spot at their showroom. I guess things must be picking up out there.

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Carnut,

Sounds like the usual Spring Fever. Dealers love it and MAKE YOU PAY for it. Now is NOT the time to buy IMHO. Wait until mid December :)

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

3. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i agree, i got my 360 spider in earily feb inthe middle of ice and snow season....i got a better deal than i though possible...things will diffently pick in the spring, unless the economy tanks, whick is possible but unlikely....also some high end ferrari buyer have ability to over come the ups and downs of the economy....

4. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I dropped by Steve Harris Imports last week....same story. Most of their cars were sold already, just waiting to be picked up by their new owners. Spring in Utah still has its perils, however. An avalanche blocked the road to SnowBird earlier in the week with 40 FEET of snow.....they're still selling, however. Just not driving weather yet.

5. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    hey carnut, when did u stop by Algar, the last time i looked the CS was still there and that was like on Friday, i hope its not gone i didnt get a chance to see it up close.

6. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    also keep in mind that that was on a saturday. tons of business like this gets transacted on saturdays (and they probably aren't open on sunday, right?).

if you want to see dullness and boredom, go visit them at 10:30 on a tuesday morning :)

doody.

7. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    there is still the new, not yet delivered CS in rosso scuderia on the showroom floor. The delivered the pre-owned CS with the black leather interior against the 512TR. That CS should be there for another week or so before it gets delivered.

8. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I would agree it is probably not the best time to buy, but it is the time of year that you want to go out driving. I guess you have to weigh the two and see which is the right choice. Labcars, your right the new CS is still there, I was hoping to get a shot at driving the other one, but I guess I lost my chance.

9. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    What a small world. I stopped by Algar on my way to work on Sat morning and was talking with Bob and he said they have been moving a lot of cars and hoped to have that silver 360 and the red one out of their soon as well. They also had sold signs on everything! They did have a nice red maserati spyder and a silver coupe out front that really looked sharp. i had trouble finding a parking spot outfront at 10:30. That's sad about the owner of that 360CS who had the heartattack a few weeks after he bought it. Morrie now that you have had the 360 spider a while how's it doing? Have you done anything else to it?
    BTW does anyone know who drives the silver maserati coupe that I see all day long at work on Lancaster ave almost every day?
    Erik