Clutch service? | FerrariChat

Clutch service?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by theq, Jun 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. theq

theq Karting

May 7, 2008
    continuim
    Full Name:
    Joel
    Anybody have an idea how much a full clutch service is for a 550? I haven't found anything current in the thread search

2. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    According to my information a new clutch is about EUR1500/$2300 without fitting - not really sure how accurate that is, sorry.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Onno

3. jonp

jonp Karting

Jun 24, 2006
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Just had my clutch done in the UK and the parts are £790 inc vat plus about a days labour to fit. Ferrari recently upped the price of the clutch by about £200 in the UK, whether this has happened internationally??. The labour rates can vary hugely and will depend if it's being done on a how long it takes basis, based on past experiences or book times I suspect. It's not as easy as a 355 but it's not a royal pain either. Likely you will need some brake/clutch fluid in there as well to bleed the hydraulics.

These tend to last better than 355's with average use I think but I had mine done as it was getting heavy which is the fingers on the pressure plate normally aging. Plate would have gone for about another 5-10k on inspection most likely, so 25k-30k life, it's a joy to drive by comparison now though.