Corvette Tuned Port Injection help! | FerrariChat

Corvette Tuned Port Injection help!

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by thecarreaper, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    my silver/black Corvette ( 1986 )has decided i cannot sell it as it now has the following problem:
    car will start right up, idles up to 1300rpms, great oil pressure, runs for a few seconds, sounds like a intermittent miss and is drowning in fuel, ie way rich. if the thottle is opened a small amount slowly,the car loads up and bogs, but will stay running, if opened quickly it will pop though the intake and die. bear in mind this car ran and drove great up until last saturday morning, when it started doing this. i drove the car friday for 15 minutes or so to check it out as someone wanted to come buy it. now i am stuck with it and here is a list of all the parts that i have replaced in the last week:

new oem quality plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, battery, oil, filter, fresh 93 octane fuel, new fuel filter, new throttle position sensor, calibrated per service manual, new mass air flow sensor, new air filter. new pcv valve.
    all warning lights and gauges work, check engine light will test at start up but does not come on when car runs poorly / dies. water / oil and compression all good, though fuel is now getting in the oil so i will change it again when the problem is fixed. EGR valve and Idle air valve both check ok. i am leaning towards a dead Ecm, a bad pickup in the distributer, or some fuel pressure / regulator problem.i am out of time, money and patience. i will be extremely grateful for any help anyone may have, i pride myself on working on my own cars, but this car has got me stumped. i have had several other tune port cars and never had any problems troubleshooting them. again i have no codes displayed when grounding the diagnostic terminals. i cannot find any vaccum leaks either!!!!! thanks for any help, i have been beaten by this one. michael

2. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    Best bet is to post your symptoms on the C4 Technical section over at www.corvetteforum.com. You'll probably be flooded with ideas and suggestions.

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    fixed it. removed and replaced corvette with other car.

seriously its an intermittent fuel pressure problem. i ran it with a digital fuel pressure gauge and it was all over the place, high and low. will replace pump and pressure regulator in the morning and clean the rail and injecters. never seen one do this before!!!! thanks .