CS Alcantara Interior--Care | FerrariChat

CS Alcantara Interior--Care

Discussion in '360/430' started by JWGT2, Jun 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JWGT2

JWGT2 Rookie

Dec 10, 2004
    Norcal
    Full Name:
    James
    CS owners w/ Alcantara:

How is the alcantara holding up?

What do you do to maintain/clean?

Thanks.

2. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    I plan to use that sticky roller that you roll on the suit to pick up dust particles. If you don't have that roller, you can just use clear tape. Don't forget to stick the tape on your shirt once before you stick it on the alcantara (to reduce the stickiness thus saving the alcantara from being pulled too hard).

I wonder how you take care of the carbon door panel though? I was thinking about clear film or something similar that I can apply onto them. Anybody has a better idea???

3. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    my first Strad the red alcantara was discoloured black, at the shoulder, by the seatbelt which was clean... service mgr said no luck from factory. make sure detailer cleans belts, all black no dirt problems!!!

also be careful releasing seatbelt or you can crack the clearcoat on your door pocket when the latch springs back on the loose belt. clear tape or 3m can protect the edge

4. JWGT2

JWGT2 Rookie

Dec 10, 2004
    Norcal
    Full Name:
    James
    good point. i'm pretty set on the silverw/ stripe and black alcantara. can't wait.

5. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I used clear tape inside my challenge car. I put it on the center console and on the driverside door...at the end of the day these cars just get trashed anyway..but the tape did its job for a while at least

6. JWGT2

JWGT2 Rookie

Dec 10, 2004
    Norcal
    Full Name:
    James
  7. Doug H

Doug H Karting

Apr 17, 2005
    Ah yeah. I love my alcantara steering wheel, seat inserts, shifter headliner, brake and other little peices on "antoher" brand. Feels so good and looks sporty, but do you guys have wear issues. Not so much cleaning, but just starting to look ragged out a bit. This car has about 20,000 miles on it though and the stuff loks a little faded and worn.