Dihydric shift - huh? | FerrariChat

Dihydric shift - huh?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi12, Jun 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    When driving my virtual F1 Ferrari in F1 Challenge 2002 I often get the warning from "Ross Brawn" over the intercom, that I "have entered dihydric shift" and he advices that I shift less.

First of all I'm not sure I understand the voice correctly, but that's what it sounds like.
    Second I never heard of such a thing, but the game is otherwise very realistic, so I'm thinking they didn't just make that up.
    Third I can't really do much about it. Yes I up or downshift fast, but that's just to keep the revs going through the track. My only option would be to set the gearing higher, but obviously that would cause loss of the optimum powerband.

Any comments (other than getting a life)?

2. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Ask Ross about it.

His Address is
    Ross Brawn
    Technical director
    Ferrari SpA, Via A. Ascari, 41053 Maranello (MO), Italy

You never know he may respond. I have seen other get quick responses from him.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually I do "know" somebody from the team, but don't want to bother them with this nonsense.

After searching some archives and forums I'm getting the impression, that I'm misunderstanding the warning. Have to play with the setup tonight and see whether I can isolate and fix the problem.