Dont hate me but.... | FerrariChat

Dont hate me but....

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by screentime, Dec 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    I just bought a Porsche Boxster S. My wife hates the Ferrari (85 Euro 308GTS), actually, to be clear, she LOVES to look at it, and LOVES to own it, but HATES to drive it and HATES to ride in it. I think its a bit diffficult for her to drive, and she doesn't like when I go fast (she was in an accident years back, and doesn't like the small cockpit). Thats why she drives a Jeep Grand Cherokee, so she's up high. But we drove the Porsche, and she found it easier to drive and a bit roomier, and the reputation it had for little service required made her happy. I wanted to have a fun car that she would feel comfortable driving too. I forgot to mention that we are keeping the Ferrari :eek:)

So now I just have to decide on which "supercar" to get to round off my collection, but that topic is my next post...

Sean

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Porsches make great camera carrying cars for Ferrari events...
    :)

3. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    The Boxster is a cute car, that said the S is far improved from the std. one, my neighbor has a 1st gen. one, you can hear the gearbox whine a block away. Have fun with it

4. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Sean,

Thats funny, My girlfriend calls my Ferrari a Love/Hate situation... She loves to ride in it, she loves the attention it gets, but she hates how low it is and how fast it goes... Probably the same issues also your wife has with yours....

A porsche ?? I think Andreas had a good point there, Good camera car for our Ferrari cruises... ;)

Tod

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    My wife,too. She's very short,and she says that it feels like she's in a Roller Coaster when she rides in it. Other than that,she likes it. I wanted to get her a Boxster,too. But,with a Ferrari,and a Corvette. She thought that 3- 2 Seaters would be a little much...or,less,maybe? So,she wanted a PT Cruiser,and thats what she got. I try to get her to drive the 'Vette,as it's an Automatic. But,she's afraid of it. It's very "Torquey",and when she hits the gas,it's JUMPS.(HeeHeeHee!:) )