Emissions, etc. | FerrariChat

Emissions, etc.

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Varenne, Dec 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    This is just a curious question, since it doesn't yet apply to me, but I've been wondering how you guys go about getting your annual emissions inspection. Does FOA take care of that for you or do you actually go to one of these tents in a shopping center or your local garage and let the guy actually jump in your car and do it for you? With my cars, they have to get in and drive it on the 'wheelbar' for 5 minutes or so while I stand by and watch...?

Are there emissions inspection stations that specialize in 'high-end' cars - if now, then that sounds like a good business opportunity...

2. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    I bought my 308 from an individual in Atlanta and he had a little trouble one time getting the car to pass inspection. But now that I live in Alabama there is no inspection, so no problem.

3. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    register it somewhere other than metro atlanta

4. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    I got a buddy who owns one of the emissions tents, so I take my cars to him. He is an avid car enthusiast and I don't mind when he has to jump into my car for a couple of minutes to do the run.