Exhaust systems. | FerrariChat

Exhaust systems.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Dale, Nov 8, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi chaps,just had a pair of stainless manifolds made by this company
    http://www.stainless-exhaust.com/
    for a cosworth v6 engine he showed me a few ferrari systems while i was there,just may be of some help to you chaps,
    Dale.

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Thanks for the info and link,Dale.Did you get quoted a price for the Ferrari system? Most of us already have after-market exhausts by Tubi and they're around the £2k mark.
    Tony

3. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi tony sorry i should have got some prices off him then i could have posted them,he charged me £705 for a pair of stainless crome manifolds for a v6 engine,and they look very f1,he had a couple of ferraris on the ramp putting exhausts on them while we were there,
    Regards
    Dale.

4. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Tony

Might be interesting to find out about manifolds as this seems to be a week spot on all 355's eventually.

James

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Agreed, though i seem to remember reading here that removing cats whilst changing exhaust systems will prolong manifold life.....could be wrong, mind you!
    T

6. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Gent's need a new profile for the cam's now to match the new flow of the manifold's,worked hard on it for a while and it totaly did one's brain in HELP!,anyway he gave me a ten year warranty so time can only tell,
    Chaps can i ask what fails on the 355 maifolds cheers
    Dale.
    ps nice 355's
    nice to get a reply off some of you UK chaps,tonyh,andjrs, i think some are so rude you give them good advice one hopes and they just dont reply,nevermind.

7. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Hi Dale

On the old site there are many threads about the headers cracking and you then have a car that sounds like a tractor. Tubi manufacture new headers but I believe they are huge money £2500+. QV in ascot do refurbished ones for £600 I believe. Tony is right I have also seen lots of mails that taking out the cats allows the headers to run cooler and you may not see the problem.

rgds
    James

8. catswhiskers

catswhiskers Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Nottingham England
    Full Name:
    Mick Worrall
    #8 catswhiskers, Nov 21, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi guys,

I can vouch for the lads at www.stainless-exhaust.com personally.
    I had a full stainless sports system made by them this summer. for my 308GTSi. Manifolds, clamps and everything, superb system and what a sound!!!!!!
    For your reference, the total cost was around £1450. I fitted the system myself which was relatively straight forward and problem free.
    Picture shows their standard of work. The owner (Don) used to have a 328 GTS but they do systems for virtually any car including one for a De-Lorean.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi Mick nice clean 308 on you profile,nice chaps at stainless exhausts.com, and what i liked about these chaps they dont mass produce and the quality then comes up to the standard we all want,the cost and fit are good,Dons a nice chap glad you had good service mick,will post some pics of the cosy v6 manifolds he made for me when i can,
    cheers
    Dale.