F8 - F8 Tributo yesterday at my local dealership in Newport Beach | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 F8 Tributo yesterday at my local dealership in Newport Beach

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 355 Giallo gtb, Jun 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Lots of hate on the F8. Personally I think it’s the best looking of the series, a nice face lift of the 488. Agree on the wheels, could have come up with something better there..but easy to change that.

2. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    This ones destined for the ugly bin with the 400i, the Queen Mother and the current Lusso.
    Horrible.

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The 400I... A face only a mother could love.

4. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Awesome car IMHO. Thanks for sharing. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. If you like it and can afford it. Go for it. If you don’t like the car that’s ok. Ferrari will still sell All F8 that it intends to produce

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    They will sell every single one. I dont get the hate. Doesn’t look bad to me at all.

I do hate those wheels though.

6. Suborbital

Suborbital Karting

Apr 25, 2018
    Fallbrook, Ca

I thought it was Rosso Dino, but they lighting in there made it hard to tell

7. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I don’t HATE the entire car, I just hate the rear end. Too much going on and disjointed.

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I can see that. But I think it will look good in person

Clembo likes this.
  9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Probably not the best design, but indeed far better in reality than in pictures. I initially thought the design was a really poor attempt at changing the look while using the complete 488 bodyshell unchanged, but I ended up ordering one...

WM458 and Shadowfax like this.
  10. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    My son-in-law has had a serious health issue this year. As a result, he can’t drive for two years. So I asked him to spec my F8. After a lot of fun researching he chose RC and absolutely loved the rear end and in fact the whole car. He much preferred it to my 488. He’s 28 and therefore a fully certified millennial. Not everyone has such extreme views about what is, in isolation, a car that most people would literally love to own.

96redLT4, of2worlds, stavura and 2 others like this.
  11. 355 Giallo gtb

355 Giallo gtb Karting

Mar 14, 2015
    California
    Full Name:
    Rob p.
    The color is Rosso Corsa

12. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    The LA launch car was Rosso Scuderia because we popped the front and looked at the color plate. The one in Newport looks Corsa tho.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    I think the pista is the best looking of all the series, this front end is beautiful tho...love the horizontal headlights. Not sure I like the back tho.

Shadowfax likes this.
  14. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    All I can say is I am 29 and I don't know why but I find the F8 ugly as sin, just feels like the 3rd attempt at the 458 design and a mash of different bits across the board, both from other Ferrari cars and non-Ferrari cars. That's looks alone, and I would be paying close attention to the GPF impact

Just my personal opinion and recognize that others may feel totally different. In any case I hope the car does well for Ferrari and is everything and more for the F8 owners

Monsieur Yoge and SoCal to az like this.
  15. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Which wheel did you go with on your spec. The standard wheels which is similar to the standard wheels on 458 or the upgraded wheels which are on the launch Car. I happen to like the launch wheels ( I know I am in the minority here)

16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am really sorry to hear about you son-in-law. Wish him all the best.
    Your gesture was magnanimous. Hat off sir.

17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Arguing over aesthetics is a no win/ why bother exercise. My eye/ brain sees the world unique to me, a visual interpreted differently by another.

My sensibilities, judging from a variety of images, sees the F8 to be an attractive car placed somewhere between the 488 and Pista. More attractive than the 488 especially the front bumper and less appealing than the Pista both front and rear.

18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That's the weird part. I actually like the wheels. For some strange reason, they take me back to the F50 wheels somehow.

Not hating though, just not feeling the love for it.

SoCal to az likes this.
  19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    That’s the one part I don’t like but as long as the owners of the car like it- that’s all that matters

Boomhauer and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I suspect that many F8 owners will purchase additional Pista Spider or SF90 "Starfish" wheels for the F8.

I think they are a cool step away from the traditional split spoke used on the F12 and many other cars. Simply way too boring for me.

21. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I'm still extremely glad I have a deposit for one in Rosso Scuderia just like my 488 and prior 456! I am starting to like the launch wheels.

22. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The wheels do grow on you, probably will spec them as well. Perhaps grab some Pista wheels down the line.

WM458 likes this.
  23. Darianpr1

Darianpr1 Rookie

Jan 29, 2019
    Orange County California
    Full Name:
    Edward Fernandez
  24. 737Drvr

737Drvr Karting

Nov 7, 2009
    I’m a big fan of the F8. So much so, it’s my first Ferrari. I’m with the majority here on the wheels. They’re OK but not worth 6-8K as an option when I can put some HREs on there for about the same money. I’ll use identical sizes as the factory and maybe have the dealer drop the car 30mm to close the wheel well gap a bit. I normally stick to all factory accessories but those wheels are bit of a letdown for an otherwise spectacular car. I ordered the standard wheels in Grigio and will keep them as spares.

As an aside, the standard options list on Ferrari’s is more extensive than other exotic manufacturers. Easy to go crazy. It’s taking some restraint on my part to hit a sweet spot. McLaren and Lambo offer things in packages where Ferrari is more ala carte. It’s good and bad. For what the rear diffuser in carbon is costing me on the F8, I specced the front fascia and rear bumpers on my 600LT. Just an observation as a newb to the Ferrari world. I’m still tweeking the order a bit but that’s part of the fun!

of2worlds likes this.
  25. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Agree 100 percent as the rear is the best part of the new F8 design. I also like the launch wheels to. The F8 is certainly an interesting evolution of the previous 488 design.
    The Pista design looks almost simple by comparison; with fewer intricate design details but lots of mechanical efficiency. For those that doubt, look at the rarely seen Pista design that is missing the stripe livery...

anishka, WM458 and Shadowfax like this.