Ferrari Racing Days 5/7 july 2019 in Nurburgring | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Racing Days 5/7 july 2019 in Nurburgring

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Nicolas21, Jun 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks look forward to it.

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks for posting.
    Did they do full speed laps or just photo parade driving?

Here the next to last photo of the group from behind shows the open trunk lid of a sedan/saloon open ahead of the pack carrying a photographer in the trunk for group action photos. I do this all the time for my articles. Also none of them are taking the apexes so it really looks like parade laps.

Letting them loose on that track in those cars at full speed would mean very significant risks for non pro drivers but in any case we have not heard of any accident so all good.

3. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    They drove the first laps with an instructor in the front 488. All laps after that were driven very carefully. Many idiots have made fun of it. The Nordschleife is very dangerous and the FXX are not built for this route. A small error ends in total loss because there are no exit zones. There are many peaks and valleys. Extreme valley and mountain rides. It takes at least 100 laps to get some feeling. Good drivers drove at least 500 laps. The FXX is totally over powered for the Nordschleife. All FXX got rear mounted additional exhaust damper. I have some videos but do not know how I can put these online, but can not link via Youtube. Roberto Viva took some pictures from the car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

John.D likes this.
  4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thank you Tim, glad all are safe, very high risk there with any cars so with these... Glad all are intact.
    Fabulous photos thanks. The black car in photo 3 in the Karussel (followed by a silver one) seems to either be putting abnormal load on the right front tire or it is punctured, the rim is literally against the ground... Not a fan of very low profile tires.

5. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    Nembo that is Karusell driving...your car go extremly down. Her a picture with my Maranello driving there. I crashed the screw from my cooler there till water comes out...
    her a new Video: Image Unavailable, Please Login

kandi likes this.
  6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #36 Nembo1777, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Thanks I have driven many laps there and in very low to the ground cars it is best to drive on thd outside of the banked karussel portion even if it costs time.
    The fact that you did some damage to your car illustrates it.
    The next problem is the very high harsh kerbs best avoided, then the dips, bumps, hollows etc...
    Love the green hell though, summer 85 when I worked in Porz I walked the entire Nordschleife in the woods, fields right next to it, that took 7,5 hours sometimes going through the bushes where there was no foot path, my jeans were green after that but it was worth it, plus I saw Violati in his GTO go by at the end, it was during Old timer GrAnd Prix weekend, great memories.

7. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    Karusell driving is allwas funny. Outside with a car with much downforce, you are faster...now I have a steel screw in the cooler, no more plastic. To lose it was not funny....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    allway drive carefully there and I had no semi slicks, normal brakes. A 12 Cylinder Ferrari at the Nordschleife is enjoy enjoy.....

kandi likes this.
  9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Glad you still enjoyed it and that you escaped the Gruene Hoelle in one stueck;-)

10. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    Thank you for the nice Video Link

A red FXX-K Evo had a breakdown at Quiddelbacher bridge. Unfortunately it is not possible to see on the picture whether it is a technical defect or a sheet metal damage on the left side. In any case, he was somehow brought out of the way, without the tow truck had to drive back all the way. Such a VIP special treatment does not even exist for a Königsegg!

11. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart