Finally...a nice warm day in Indiana!!! | FerrariChat

Finally...a nice warm day in Indiana!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by hoffmeister, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hoffmeister

hoffmeister Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    After 2 months of waiting and waiting and waiting...the sun came out and the air was warm!! I finally got to take my first ride with the top off and feel the wind blow thru my hair as I cruised around town and down the interstate . Now I finally know what that "feeling" is you guys always talk about on here...pure driving satisfaction! :)

Sorry, just had to share.

Jesse

2. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    Great pic Jesse, good to hear you made it home A OK.

Best

3. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Nice pic!
    Tomorrow should be even nicer (so I've heard - don't hold your breath though).

Where are you in IN ??

dave
    indy

4. mondial85

mondial85 Karting

Sep 9, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Casey Slattery
    Amen to that.
    I hate having a convertible in Indiana and not being able to take advantage of it for 4 months. I just keep thinking about the feeling of the wind in my hair, the sound of the engine right behind me and the warm sun on my head. Love that feeling.
    Nice car btw.

5. davey_jones

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    63 today? The top has to come off!
    I think all this waiting for nicer weather makes you appreciate the
    car more....the AZ guys would not agree I'm sure.

6. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I live in Indy and often drive with the top out in cold weather unless it is just freezing or the wife or daughter are with me. A coat, scarf, gloves and the heat cranking are all you need. I figure if I can ski in the cold I can drive with the top out. Its a blast, albiet a cold one. The looks you get are fun too.

7. plapham

plapham Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Good to hear from fellow Ferrari owners in Indiana. Yes, it sounds like some people have spring fever and it should be a nice Sunday. If you are from central Indiana you should check out and join the FCA Central Indiana Chapter or at least look......www.fca-cic.org

8. davey_jones

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I ran into a gentleman yesterday in a yellow 355 convertible in broadripple. Not sure if he's on this forum or not. I think everyone was out driving around.

* as a side note, I've seen pizzadude driving with ski goggles in winter b4
    (just kidding!)

9. hoffmeister

hoffmeister Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    Fellow Hoosiers,

Just got back from another drive today (Sunday). It wasn't as nice as yesterday, a little too breezy, but I'll take what I can get! I'm about 30 minutes outside of Indiana in Muncie/Daleville. I went for a cruise down by Ball State University earlier. It was fun. There seems to be a fair amount of Indiana Ferrari owners around here. Anyone else in the Ferrari Club of America Central Indiana Chapter? This is my second year of membership, but I've not been to a single event due to my being out of the country for the last 6 years. I'm hoping to go to at least one this year but not sure how much longer I'll be staying around. Also, since I've actually been able to "see and touch" my car finally, I've noticed several things that I need to have done to make it nicer. Just waiting for the warm weather to roll in so I can get at it!