Hawaiin F-car | FerrariChat

Hawaiin F-car

Discussion in '360/430' started by mauispence, Aug 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mauispence

mauispence Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Lahaina, Maui, Hawai
    Full Name:
    Jim Spence
    #1 mauispence, Aug 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Curious, what are they asking to rent them?

3. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    Normally they run about $1700-2000 a day for a 360. Maserati's are between $600-900.

4. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    If I go to Maui, I know what rental car I want.

5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Wish I'd known....

Just got back from Maui this AM. Did Hana road and Haleakala in a Sebring convertible and while I was driving those roads, I kept on thinking - "wish I was in a real sports car".

Has anyone on this board done Hana/Haleakala in a sporty car?

6. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    I have seen this car last winter. I was curious as to whether it was a rental. Thanks for answering the question. I spend the winter in Maui and I would never have any high proformance car there. For regular diving, there really is no place to go over 50 mph. Also no safe palce to park it, ie door dings. I will just leave my 360 spider in Idaho, but I do miss the car in the winter. One of the few disadvantages of "Paradise".

7. mauispence

Aug 2, 2005
    Lahaina, Maui, Hawai
    Full Name:
    Jim Spence
    OK people I'll find out exactly what costs what ASAP.
    FYI I have a little "05" civic SI with the 5 speed and 2 liter engine. No it is not an F-car but it is quick and fun and revs to 7K. It is a hoot to drive to Hana or around the north shore to Wailuku. Sadly what lapeter says is true. Even my little Honda gets dinged on a regular basis and the Lexus has several bad scratches on it. Plus during the day you sit in the parade the whole time you drive. How ever my neighbor has a red 03/4 vett and after midnight the road racers rule!
    Here’s a picture from the front window of a MAUI Morning.
    Aloha
    Maui Jim

8. mauispence

Aug 2, 2005
    Lahaina, Maui, Hawai
    Full Name:
    Jim Spence
  9. horsmanp

horsmanp Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Horsman
    I am in Paia about 4-5 times a year... I agree there is no place to drive this car there... Traffic sucks, and just no real place to open it up.

10. WarrenF355

WarrenF355 Formula 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Newburgh, IN
    Full Name:
    Warren M. Rogers
    I saw several on Oahu. When I was there, there was a Diablo VT and a 355 Spider (that I paid any attention to) the Diablo was going for $2,000/day and the 355 was $600/day

11. Grigio 512TR

Grigio 512TR Karting

Nov 13, 2002
    Where's Diamond Head
    Hmmmm....with those rental prices maybe I should rent mine on Oahu. Nah!!
    Trying to get some F-Car or Exotic gathering out here, but time is an issue for me and it seems like owners are either Drs., retired older guys who come out here 4 mos out of the year or Pacific Rim Nationals who own an exotic here because it's waaaay to expensive where their real residence is. We'll see, maybe I'm still missing a segment of the owners. I'll agree driving in any of the islands in paradise is a challenge in patience, but you just have to know "when" to drive. AlooooHA!

12. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    What do you consider the best island in Hawaii to relax and enjoy the views/beaches and entertainment (snorking, whale-watching, good food, and whatever else). Also, how do you get a Ferrari or other luxury car service outside of Honolulu on the other islands?

13. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    I've only spent time on 3 of the islands, Oahu, Hawaii & Maui - but liked Maui the best for what you asked.

14. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I'm here now- on a work project if you can believe that- on the north shore. I tried to get a motorcycle delivered to my hotel, but none of the rental places were willing to do that- it's a good hour plus drive along the coast up from Honolulu- pretty spectacular. I think something like a Lotus Elise would be a pisser here, so if you have any suggestions, ping me, i'll be here all week, working, mostly, but wouldn't mind a few spirited hours on the roads....