How did you originally find out about FerrariChat.com? | FerrariChat

How did you originally find out about FerrariChat.com?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Nov 10, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

How did you originally find out about FerrariChat.com?

1. Forza Ad

2. Cavallino Ad

3. Link from other site (FCA or others)

4. Word of mouth

5. Other (If so, please post in the thread where)

6. Previous ExpensiveCar.com member

7. Search Engine

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    As we're looking at more marketing, DES brought up this as a good idea to see where everyone found out about FC. Thanks.

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    expensivecar.com! (the pre-Fchat forum) I can still recall my first posts.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Good point, that should be an option, you can change your vote. Thanks.

4. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    WillH (CountachXX) told me about this site way back when... How do I miss those days :).

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, I was told of a thread on this site, where my World's Fastest Art Car had been spotted in Houston.

Travelling on my work day commute in on Hwy. 290. I had recently been hit by a truck so the side of my car was a little the worse for wear.

I thought that was unusual until I visited the site and studied the "Ferrari Spotters" thread. Then I realized ya'll talk about other folks ALL THE TIME!!!! LOL

I joined in, so as to defend my honor!

6. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I had originally seen the ad in the back of Forza, but as I wasn't a Ferrari owner myself and wasn't much into chats or forums, I wasn't sure if I really wanted to check it out.

Then one day I was searching for info on something Ferrari related (google I think), Ferrarichat turned up in my search. So I thought what the hell, and checked it out. I discovered that it was actually a pretty awsome site, so ended up joining and here I am.

7. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    Other

I was doing a Google search and one was a link to FerrariChat

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i was searching for something using AOL's Keyword: search feature... Found this site by accident and the rest is history... Only took me close to 15 months to finally come up with something usable... :)

9. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman

Ditto ...

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Hmmm, I should add Search Engine as an option even though I've never submitted the site to one, I know they've found me, I see their bots on my server all the time. You can revote after I add it.

11. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    OTHER: Ferrari Telaio mailing list

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Ahh, welcome, that's a very prestigous list, wish I could get on it. I don't have any value to add though, someday I hope to be a historian.

13. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    I GOT MY mONDIAL AND 2 HOURS LATER THE WATER PUMP WAS LEAKING , I DID A SEARCH AND IT BROUGHT ME TO FERRARI CHAT ,AND A FEW HOURS LATER I HAD THE PUMP OUT . THIS HAS BEEN A GREAT SOURCE OF INFORMATION FOR A DO IT YOUR SELFER LIKE ME .

14. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Rob it has been 2 1/2 years ago....

I can not remember what color underwear I was wearing yesterday and you ask me how I heard of F-Chat?

...gettin old I guess.

...must have been in "Seniors Health"
    :)

15. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    A mention on the Ferrari Email List, back before I finally got fed up with cLYde and his syncophants.

16. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I was doing the lunch thing with Luca di Montezemolo a few years ago and he mentioned he gets a lot of ideas from this site. He said he occasionally posts under the name of "Mr. Green" ;) ;) :eek:

17. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    Rob,
    I found out about the Chat on Ferrarilist. There was discussion about a lot of people jumping over to the Chat. So I jumped too. Glad I did.

Tom

18. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I was on tomyang.com a couple of years ago, and a 3x8 owner came on wanting to know about timing belts. and some of the vintage v-12 people replied "belts? belts? we do chains here; go to ferrarichat.com." and I thought, if there are Ferrari people there, I must check it out . . .

19. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Hmmm... is this one of those existential questions? That is, was there life before FC? Or is FC the only life worth knowing?

Trying to remember... I was obsessing big time over whether to buy the Maranello. Even though I got one heck of a deal on the car, I'm still a beancounter at heart. I somehow stumbled across FC while zig zagging around the Internet. Where had you been all my life! Of course, reading about Dave's problems with his Maranello only made things worse. I remember reading every "550" and "Maranello" hit in the archives. But the more I read, the worst it got. Everything started going dark. Then I started reading Mr. G's posts about his cars. Suddenly there was light. The birds started singing. My penis grew by 24" inches. I realized, like the wise man at the 1970 Atlanta Pop Festival who tore off all his clothes and ran naked through the crowd throwing bags of reefer to everybody while chanting, "Give it all away. It will come back sooner or later" that it is only money. Every since then, life has been good. Even though I don't have one because I spend so much time on FC!

Mahatma Tax

20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually from the previous owner of my car. Life changed for the better after the purchase, obviously for two good reasons.

21. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Oh I'm no historian. Just an active s/n spotter. Mostly modern :)

22. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    I voted link, which is most likely what happened, but to be honest I really don't exactly remember...

23. ronr

ronr Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2002
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I got a link from some other site. I was searching around other sites (from a search engine) doing research before I bought my car. I poked around FerrariChat, and liked it a lot. Then I saw R. Lay's name, and said, "Hey, I used to drink beer with that guy!"

24. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    when i started hunting for a 355, i believe i was referred to ferrarichat by a member over at http://www.funcarsonline.com/ .

doody.

25. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark