It's Official - The Step By Step Process... | FerrariChat

It's Official - The Step By Step Process...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 134282, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    As per a few requests, these are the details of the steps taken to change my name...

1st step was a mistake... i browsed the internet for "name-change" forms... That cost me $50 (i don't include that in the total price 'cause it was an error that could've been avoided)... i had to get an index number from the court, which cost $180... When i filled out the papers i got from the internet and sent them into the court, they sent them back to me, saying they were the wrong ones... They did however, send me "samples" of the right ones... Which i just copied in Word and printed out... The Bird's mother is a paralegal, so she helped me organize some of the papers, telling me what to do first and so forth... i submitted everything to the court...

They sent everything back to me with time-sensitive instructions... i had to take a copy of the order filed with the court and give it to a publication (chosen by the court) and have the order published (all it says is that, i mr. so and so, wish to change my name to Carbon McCoy, blah blah blah); it cost me $10 to have it published in the local paper... It needed to be published within 20 of the court's granting my order... After it was published, i needed to get the publisher's affidavit and file it with the court within 20 days of publication... i sent them $5 for a final copy of the granted order and now it's done...! All in all, it costs $195 to do; i ended up shelling out $245, but we all learn from our mistakes... :)

2. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    Do you get a new SS# or anything?

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    No, i keep the same social... If i got a new social, that would mean i'd have a free and clear record- no credit, no driving offenses, etc.

...now THAT would be nice. :)

4. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    interesting... very interesting.

5. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i wan to change mine to seven thirty

6. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    during the dot.com boom, I was gonna change my name to "iLuke"...