Light Bulbs (Ya, its WAY off topic) | FerrariChat

Light Bulbs (Ya, its WAY off topic)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Dec 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I was in Home Depot this afternoon and bought 36 100 watt florescent (the screw type looking ones) light bulbs for $.99 ea! These usualy sell for $6-$9 each. PG&E is co-funding the sale of these through Home Depot to get people to switch from standard light bulbs. I spent about an hour replacing every bulb in my house tonight!...Just thought I'd share a good buy with everyone.

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Peters- quick question...

Why did you change every bulb in the house...? Why not wait for them to burn out before you change them...? Just wondering...

3. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    They are much more efficient. I just replaced a bunch of them myself. I threw away the package with the info but IIRC a compact florescent bulb that uses 14 watts makes as much light as a 60 watt incanDEScent bulb.

4. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    DES...MarkPDX hit your answer. I live in a house where everyone (including myself) leaves lights on. It's a huge power saving.

5. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    PETER

EVERYONE IN MY HOUSE, INCLUDING THE DOG HAS ASSIGNED HEADLIGHTS AND FLASHLIGHTS......OF COURSE MADE BY ENERGIZER

WHY NEED LIGHTS?? :)

6. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    BRUCE...SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT THERE ARE NO LIGHTBULBS IN YOUR HOUSE AND EVERYONE FENDS FOR THEMSELVES FOR LIGHT? WOW! YOUR POWER BILL MUST BE TWENTY BUCKS A MONTH!!!!! DOES YOUR WIFE HOLD THE FLASHLIGHT FOR YOU WHEN YOU ARE IN THE SHOWER??? :)

7. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    LOL, PETER,,ACTUALLY I HAVE THE DOG TRAINED TO HOLD THE FLASHLIGHT AS MY WIFE AND I CONSERVE WATER..........

8. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Hahahaha!! Brilliant response. :D

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Maybe Bruce's Home runs on batteries.

10. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    NO WILL IT DOESNT, BUT MY BUTTER WAX MACHINE DOES :)

BRUCE

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Mark, Peters, i see... i had no idea... Are they really that much better...? Can i get regular-shaped bulbs like, for lamps and such, like the ones you're talking about...? The bulbs in my apartment blow more frequently than a white house intern, it's ridiculous...

12. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    These LEDS have taken off in a big way. I have this cool LED flashlight that lights up a room. If needed, I can turn it on and leave it on for two weeks straight one two 123A lithiums.

Now they are making LED household bulbs now, as well as LED street lights.

http://www.ledtronics.com/

Have yet to see one in action! But I think it would be, excuse the pun, "cool"

13. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    DES..Yes, these bulbs are great (Jesus guys....Are we really that bored, talking about light bulbs and BRUCE'S SHOWERING HABBITS on FChat???). Go to your local Home Depot to find them. They are the 100 Watt'ers @ $.99 each. If your HD does not have them, I'll pick up a dozen and mail them to you. They last forever! ( Hell, if I can't chip in to buy you a ferrari, the least I can do is to buy ya a dozen stink'en ninty-nine cent light bulbs! )

14. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    ROTFLMAO...!!!
    Peters, i'll go to Home Depot and check it out, i'm sure they have them... But thank you... :)

15. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Peter, I went to HD last night & they had no idea what I was talking about. Apparently the promotion did not include Michigan. Any chance I could talk you into sending me about 50 & I'll send you a check to cover the bulbs, freight & your time and trouble? I know it's a lot to ask so it's cool if you say no. Jerry.

16. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Great, now I have to got to Home Depot! I love these bulbs, I replace the old ones with these every time one burns out. The exterior of my house has many bulbs that are on for a lot of the day as they're actived by light sensors. The old bulbs burn out fast, the little flourescents last forever. It's nice not to have to get out the ladder every 5 weeks.

Now if they'd only make lithium AA batteries.

17. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Oops, just saw the 'PG&E' sponsor part. I don't think we have them in TX!

18. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    JIMBO

I HAVE ABOUT 100K OF AA LITHS HERE HOW MANY CAN I HELP YOU WITH???/

B

19. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    100k? Damn Bruce, no wonder you don't need electricity! I guess you were seriously prepared for Y2K!

Watch your mail my friend, late this week or early next.

20. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    A friend of mine bought a whole batch of those screw-in fluorescent bulbs to replace the standard bulbs in his house. He also bought them at Home Depot but I don't think they were as cheap as $.99 back then. But he told me that they are NOT good for use in places where you need bright light INSTANTLY like in a closet, attic, or basement where you are just quickly walking in, looking for something, then leaving. The fluorescent bulbs take a minute or two to achieve their full brightness. They are best suited for use in a room where they are going to be left on for a long time. Use regular bulbs for closets, attics, basements, etc.