Looking for a boot cover for my 88 Mondial | FerrariChat

Looking for a boot cover for my 88 Mondial

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by crazy horse, Mar 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crazy horse

crazy horse Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    for some reasons my leather one shrunk to the point where it is too small to fit on the car . Thanks

2. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    there are various places to get them, factory orginals are nearly impossible to find and will cost an arm and a leg, plus the leather will be old.

ferrari uk I think has them but I don't think they are truely factory original
    reorginals has them, also another companie uph something or other. The usual sources also have them occasionally. prices I have seen for leather run 700-1500 some come with the horse fastners others don't. You can also have one custom made locally

http://worlduph.com/ferrari.htm

http://www.reoriginals.com/

3. crazy horse

crazy horse Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Thanks, they sure are expensive !

4. norm

norm Karting

May 30, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    World upholstery(1-800-222-9577) has them, as well as GAHH INC. of N.Hollywood(1-818-767-2786). Cloth boots run from $500-$700. Leather run $900-$1,100. Prices typ. don't include the snaps, which are $7-$15 ea with (10)-(12)required.

Sorry, I don't have a boot, but I do have a factory Mondial cab cockpit cover for sale. It is black, and in excellent condition.

5. Vivaldi

Vivaldi Karting

Aug 1, 2001
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alex Vivaldi
    What is the material of the cockpit cover? What year car is it coming off of? How much are you asking for the it?

Sorry, I don't have a boot, but I do have a factory Mondial cab cockpit cover for sale. It is black, and in excellent condition.[/QUOTE]

6. Vivaldi

Vivaldi Karting

Aug 1, 2001
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alex Vivaldi
    I bought a cloth one from GAHH, and they fit it for me (happen to live in the Los Angeles area). Would definitely recommend them if you are OK with a replacement one.

7. norm

norm Karting

May 30, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    [/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM with specifcs. Let me know if you are interested. I'm open to offers.

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Might want to try and restore/stretch the original.

I bet the guys at leatherique.com might have an idea or two on how to get that fixed up.

Check them out before you bail on the original.