Metric Fastener Source | FerrariChat

Metric Fastener Source

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ricrain, Dec 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricrain

ricrain Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Dallas Area
    Full Name:
    Ric
    OK, the two main sources I've used for metric fasteners are:

Metric and Multistandard Components Corp (http://www.metricmcc.com)
    and Fabory USA (http://www.faboryusa.com).

Unfortunately, service at Fabory has gone to crap lately, and MMS doesn't have some of the key parts I need. So I ask you, the Ferrari Chat legends, where do you get yours? Online sources preferred, and NO I don't need to know about Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.

2. Matt Morgan, "Kermit"

Matt Morgan, "Kermit" Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    Ferndale, WA
    One that I have found very helpfull, and inexpensive (not cheap junk though, is McMaster Carr supply:www.mcmaster.com
    HTH,
    Kermit

3. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison

Ditto on McMaster

about the only metric they dont have is metric fine thread, otherwise just about every style of head, just about every grade of every material, and any specific length. Their online orderin takes a little to master, but it'sreally easy.

for some of the fine thread metric these guys are pretty good:

http://www.nutty.com/catindex.html

these people as well:

http://mdmetric.com/

and still one more that has a great selection and excellent service:

http://www.metricspecialties.com/

Jeff Davison

4. Dr_ferrari

Dr_ferrari Formula 3
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 2, 2003
    Pocono Sportscar
    Full Name:
    Jim McGee
  5. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Ric et al,

It took me 5 years to get a used McMaster catalog and the guys from wurth would never even returrn my calls. I have been buying all my metric fasteners from a company called Global Metrics 800-592-2722 in the US, 800-247-2722 in CA. They are kind of old fahioned as they do not have a website but they will send a catalog and they sell mainly to shops, they even have the Ferrari valve shims.They have a large selection of yellow zinc that seem to match my cars OEM. I buy in bulk from them and they even have a great selection of assortments such as nylock fastners, washers, etc in almost all the correct sizes. One footnote; I bought some large 12 or 14 mm nylock nuts from Ferrari at about 2 or 3 bucks apiece, then bought 100 for about $20 from Global Metrics. When I was talking to the ladies at Global they told me that they sold to the Ferrari Dealer I had been buying from, I am friends with the parts guys there and they confirmed this. The only ones I have not been able to find are the nylock yellow zinc hex nuts thay are taller than the standard size used in some instances. Here are some pictures, although the photo you have to get these still from Ferrari. :) Very funny story here, this is the bolt that holds the top shock bushing on my gt4, it is in an inaccessable location that you can only feel and not even see with a mirror, hidden up inside the frame, and they are the only bolt head out of all the F bolts I have ever bought from Ferrari for my car that had the horse logo, go figure!!!

P.S. Ric is one of the few people that got me working on my car and gave me the courage and self esteem to do the work myself. I feel it is an honor to be on the same board as him and hope he is proud of some of the stuff I have done under his tutelage. The rest of you probably think I'm nuts!!

6. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
  7. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    all new nuts!

8. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
  9. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    no one is going to comment on my anal retentive fastners boxes? :p

10. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Okay Rob, I'll bite....Dude, you are crazy! :)

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Cool pics Robert -I especially like the Horse bolt. :)

I want to get a collection like that for my 328. After spending a month on the interior, I have searched everywhere looking for screws, nuts, etc!