My 3 year anniversary of Ferrari ownership! | FerrariChat

My 3 year anniversary of Ferrari ownership!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FerrariFrank1, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #1 FerrariFrank1, Jan 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well,exactly 3 years ago,today. I finally realized the Dream of owning a Ferrari. I have a 1981 308GTSi. Red/Tan. It had 14,250 miles on it when I bought it. It had one local owner,and had just had it's 15K,and a few other parts replaced. So,it was a Fresh car. Because of an Auto accident,I cannot drive for too long at a time,so have only put about 4500 miles in that 3 years. (plus,I split the miles with my 7th.Corvette,and inclimate weather here in the Midwest prohibits year 'round driving in the sportscars) But,this year will be different. For you fellow enthusiasts who Love Ferrari's,but have yet to own one. Your day will come! I didn't get mine until I was 40,for several reasons. But,almost did,twice before. But,due to business start-ups.Divorce,then,not being able to find the right car. It took a while. But,that day finally came,3 years ago,today.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #2 FerrariFrank1, Jan 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Congratulations Red! I just can't wait until the day I can come on this Forum with the good news :)

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Frank... Happy Ferrari-Ownership Birthday and congratulations...! You're an inspiration to us all... Despite obstacles, you overcame them and went on to live your dream. That's just bloody awesome...! Congratulations... and happy birthday to your ownership and to your car... :)

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Believe me,Guys. Your day WILL come!!! It sucked having to wait. But,the eventual payoff was worth it.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hello,DES. How are you coming along on getting 399 Hotwheels Enzo's? My son and I think that that is awesome. We just got a bunch of "Tooners". Enzo's and 360's. But,only have 4 regular Enzo's. Also,we picked up a White 1:18 Hotwheels 360Spider-"Whip" version. I am abit surprised that Ferrari allowed that. But,it's cool,nonetheless. And,it's next to our Red/Tan 360Spider,and Yellow 360Challenge car that Andreas gave to my son.

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's awesome... Andreas seems like a helluva guy... Ferrari will allow just about anything- it's a marketing thing... All that money goes back to the root: racing. :)

i haven't picked up many little Enzos lately... i'm more focused on the actual registry right now... i have some information that i want to start sorting... i'll keep you posted, though... :)

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,my Son and I have gotten into the habit,(good) of checking every single Hotwheels display that we come across and looking for (and buying) every Ferrari model that we find. Bonanza at Walmart as they were only .47cents. But,Target are only .87-.94. I also got a Hotwheels "Ferrari Test Track" that comes with an Enzo. We have alot of the little Hotwheels Ferrari's. And,10- 1:18 scales cars. And,a few "oddball" Ferrari model cars. I have an original Revell "Magnum P.I." 1:24 308GTS that I still have to build. And,right now,only the 1 - 1:1 scale car (308). Gonna check at the next World of Wheels show that usually comes to Chicago at the end of January. The "regular" Chicago Auto Show in February. And,The Chevy/Vettefest in March. All of these shows have scale car model dealers,and I usually find something neat and "Ferrari" at them. Also,I'm still keeping an eye out for a 1:18 288GTO for Joe V. in Canada. P.S. Yes,agree that Andreas is a Helluva guy. Glad to know him,and have him here in Chicago to go driving with. He really knows Ferrari. But,I gotta say that about all of the "Ferrari Guys" that I've met here,and went on drives with. Or Talked to at events and shows. (and here on FChat) All have been really nice,really great folks. I am glad to know them,and it sounds like were in for a great year here. There is truly a comaraderie with Ferrari enthusiasts.

9. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

Congrats Red, I agree, went through some personal stuff in my life that made me feel guilty...but the kids have a home, cloths and a college fund. No use waiting until Im 75 either. Im in my 8th yr and loving every minute of it. To bad I found out about this site only recently.
    Good health and driving to all for 2004 !!!! and beyond !!!