Please help in search | FerrariChat

Please help in search

Discussion in 'Canada' started by charliek, Jan 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    I have been desperately trying to locate an original Pionner radio for my 512 BBi. The one I did locate was in Belgium and the guy who has it collects old radios and wont give it up. It seems as though it was a model that was not sold in USA. It is model KE-4300. I have attached a picture hope it works. It does not have to have the Ferrai insignia.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Charlie

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Have you tried Ferrari UK? I know they had the orginal Pioneer equalizers still in stock. You might also try calling all the FNA dealers...it can be surprising stuff they have sitting on the shelves. Gentry Lane too, though I imagine you alread tried them.

Watch Ebay regularly too. I put an original Blaupunkt cassette deck from my 308 on Ebay and that thing sold for pretty quick. The guy who got it was restoring a Porsche 930 turbo.

3. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop

Thanks DAve,
    I got an equalizer from Ferrariuk but they don't have the radio. I have been scouring ebay with no luck.. I think I emailed Gentry Lane several times but they never get back to me. I have called several dealers who say they will look for one, I think they contact each other so I dont think I have to contact each dealer individually.My car presently has a Blaupunkt Tucson in it with a Blaupunkt ampiflier. It sounds pretty good and I just added satellite radio. I want to have the original radio if I ever want to concours the car or sell it. I dont plan on selling it but you never know.

4. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Charlie, phone Gentry Lane and talk to Helder, they have so much stuff they don't know the half of it.

5. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    Thanks, I will try them tomorrow.

6. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Also try G & G Electronics here in Toronto. They are a big Sony dealer (apparently the biggest in N.A.) but they also get other stuff, they may have some old stock in the basement? Don't know if they do or not but worth a shot, Ask for Steve 416-282-8111

Aren't you in N.J.?

7. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    I am in NJ, I tried Gentry Lane today, no luck. I will try G&G tomorrow. Sooo frustrating. thanks