Removing Exterior Door Handles on 812 | FerrariChat

Removing Exterior Door Handles on 812

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by kansas488, Mar 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kansas488

kansas488 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2014
    Kansas
    Bought OEM carbon exterior door handles for my 812. When I remove screw I still can’t seem to get the door handle to come off. Same issue on driver and passenger side.

Anyone know the trick?

2. sandman03456

sandman03456 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    The allen screws came out without any issues? Usually, they are hard to remove because of loctite.

3. kansas488

kansas488 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2014
    Kansas
    Turned out by spraying some DW40 and letting it sit I could eventually pull off the handles. Definitely a pain. And then the carbon handles were not properly formed by Ferrari’s vendor so now I have to return them and order another set. Classic! The carbon parts didn’t have the slots clearly formed so I couldn’t get them on the latches. Super annoying!

4. deano1967

deano1967 Rookie

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    DEAN HOWES
    Hi , I am having same issue , I have tried wd40 release fluid still will not move .How long did you leave wd40 to soak . When you removed had they used some sort of loctite .
    Thanks

5. kansas488

kansas488 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2014
    Kansas
    I think your best bet is to keep soaking and let it sit. I also used a rubber gripper like what you would use to open a jar to grip it. But it just needs more grease in the screw hole and the opposite end and time to soak.