Ripped Off? | FerrariChat

Ripped Off?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Steve Darrah, Dec 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve Darrah

Steve Darrah Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Midlothian, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Stephen C. Darrah
    Has anyone tried to order the European Ferrari Adventures from Scuderia von Ruschenberg? I ordered a copy from their web site, received it several weeks ago, tried to play it on 2 different quality DVD players, and there is nothing on the disc. I have tried to call them numerous times-only recorded message, leave phone no.,no return call. Tried their e-mail-doesn'twork.thanks, and a very Merry Christmas to all.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Hmm, I'm sure they'll right this eventually, they may all be out of office right now. They're pretty active on the board. Anyone else order the DVD? I have one at home, I'll see if mine works, I haven't tried yet.

3. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Steve

DVD's have various regional settings so that cheap US DVD's can't be sold in Europe etc..(please don't get me started on that one!) the encoding makes European ones unreadable in US machines and US ones unreadable in European ones (unless its a multi region player)
    you may want to check that both the DVD players you tried are multi region, or try it in a PC with a DVD drive and set the regional setting to european (in both the DVD drive properties as well as windows)

4. Gman

Gman Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 15, 2003
    York, PA
    Has anyone checked to be sure that they did not supply you guys with the European version of DVD? I remember when I was in Switzerland I saw a DVD of the music group “The Corrs” and discovered that Europe uses a different format than the USA when I went to purchase a copy.

5. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    dont fret, these guys are first class, don't jump to a conclusion that you have been ripped off until you talk to them, these is the holiday season and many places close down