So today is a very special day! | FerrariChat

So today is a very special day!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jordan747_400, Dec 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    100th anniversary of powered flight! I think Im off to Orange County Airport after school to do some spotting and take some pictures.

Anyone want to bring their Ferrari along? Kind of short notice, yes, but come on --very special day! Brian are you busy? :)

This day in 1903 was the first powered flight. Less than 70 years after that we already had the Concorde and 747. That is THE biggest technological advancement in history I think...Revolutionized transporation.

Id go take a random flight somewhere this evening to celebrate but I have a concert :(

2. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Happy 100th Ann. of powered flight to all.

3. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Cake at my house tonight :)

You think thats funny? You should see the cake Im getting for Mozart's birthday on January 27th :)

4. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    But, do I get a piece? Its my B-Day too ya know, Mozart would be lucky to share it with me. BJs always work too. :D

5. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    History of flight isn't nearly as important as "LOTR: Return of the King"

Actually pretty busy today, sorry...

6. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Sunny your kidding. Your birthday is January 27th!!!??? By all means you get a big piece. Maybe your the reincarnation of Wolfy :)

Brian, no worries. I just got back from SNA. I got to my favorite photo spot for the afternoon. The weather was perfect. Light was perfect. An AS 737-700 was on approach and I whip out my camera, steady it, get a PERFECT shot of the plane against the clouds, illuminated by the golden afternoon sun. I switch to memory mode to check out the shot and....NO MEMORY STICK!! AHH! I couldnt run home to get the memory stick because the light was perfect just then. So, my photo trip didn't turn out as well as I would have liked. I should have brought my damn slr camera but I wanted to upload the shots to airliners.net and I dont have a scanner.

Oh well, it was a pretty slow evening anyway. Nothing too special at SNA...nothing ever is :) The Midwest Express 717 was there and I wish I could get a shot of that! I also need some more shots of the Aloha 737-700.

I may just go back tomorrow and pretend it will be the 17th :)

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Happy flight day...! Jordan, cool stuff... i know these airplane things are important to you... How'd the concert go...?

8. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    It went pretty well, thanks for asking :) We played Winter, from Vivaldi's Four Seasons and some other misc. music. Im so picky about music though, that there were quite a few things we could have done better. So, next year Im going to audition for some professional orchestras and try and get out of the school related ones.

9. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    Amazing the recreation wasn't successful...watched "the Race for Flight" on Discovery the other night, but missed last nights event - damn. Jordan, just read a script on the Wright Bros. in dev. up at WB and it's great! Hope to possibly be on it down the road :)

10. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    If they need a star or some sort of technical advisor, you know where to come :)

11. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    Absolutely...as well as a classical advisor on the score :)...now I've just gotta get them to work in a Ferrari angle and we'll have all the bases covered!