The Holey Daytona | Page 34 | FerrariChat

The Holey Daytona

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Wheels1, Jan 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    E.G. AutoKraft disappeared many years ago. IIRC after converting seven Daytonas into Spyders and making a few Boxer Targa conversions (there's one of those for sale in the UK at the moment), they moved into making full on Daytona replicas based on Jaguars. As with most businesses making replica Ferraris they didn't last very long.

More info here http://www.ferrari-daytona.co.uk/2402/info.php?p=4

2. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Hi Chuck.
    As Matt said Autokraft disappeared a long time ago, they may have bought factory parts for the door trim as they did for the side windows. Mine was one of the last cars they did so that may be why it has them?
    They also did many more conversions than than the site Matt posted up says, guessing more like 25 with some LHD cars as well.

Sorry there is no source that I know of for the moldings. You could use the spare one I sent you as a pattern and get your original ones modified to suit. I think that is the only way.
    The car is going great, I should be taking it to Salon Privé London | The British Supercar Show & Concours d'Elégance on the 4th of September, if the weather gets better!!

3. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    #828 bighitter2, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Grant, thank you...and thank you also for being so kind as to send me your spare Spyder door molding,you car turned out Beautifully ! I hope you enjoy it for a longtime, I just had some work done on the rear mufflers ,I was tired of replacing them every 5 years as they rotted out so had new ones fabed with straight pipes going thru the cans,using the original 4 chrome pipes they cannot be told from Ansa and sound much better should last much longer also..pics enclosed of Small Ferrari show in 2012 at Kingmill Resort in Virginia car now has 2700 miles since resto/ rebody engine to Lemans specs with P6 cams and other period Ferrari Comp parts..Danny Sullivan Indy 500 winner was guest speaker ( he owns a 330 gtc) .all the best Chuck
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ^ never liked the oversized borranis....

5. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Your car looks great Chuck.
    Love the super shiny wheels.
    Red was my next choice of colour, but I went for blue as the car was originally blue [ plus I like it].

6. bighitter2

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    With the "big" motor a necessity , I think 8's all around look best

7. bighitter2

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    Thanks Grant , 4-5 hours by hand on each wheel off the car...and that is when they are reasonable clean to start! All as you probably already know..do you have any special ways you clean your wheels? And what size do you have on your car?pic? ,Chuck

8. jnk

jnk Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2010
    I have 9 inch on the back and 8 inch on the front. I also have the 7.5 inch which came originally, but I like the stance with the bigger wheels. And it has been said that the RW 8301 ( 8 inch ) rub on the front wheel well. I have not had that problem.

9. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  10. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #835 Wheels1, Sep 12, 2014
  11. bighitter2

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    8's on my car also, no problem rubbing , but I think if I did not have the 9's on the rear I would get a lot of wheel spin( still have to be careful in 1st it will lite up the rears even with 9's,Chuck

12. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Here is a short firm made by the FOC showing my car briefly at the beginning.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M23jG0xp76o]Ferrari Owners' Club - Salon Prive 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

13. bighitter2

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    Grant thanks for posting that,your beautiful car fits right in with the Lusso and SWB ., I must say your car has an air of a car that is well loved by it's owner. Hope I get to see it sone day,Chuck

14. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #839 Wheels1, Aug 18, 2015
  15. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Grant looks stunning. Regarding the V12 group I believe I now qualify as I now have two 😀

16. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    The time has come to part with my beloved car!
    The value is now such that I can better use the money on my family. If it sells it will be a very sad day for me, I love the car and always will, but I need not to be selfish, and think of my family. I have placed several internet adverts, and this is a link to one of them.
    1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona for sale: Anamera
    If anyone is interested please Pm me.
    Grant

17. pcht5

pcht5 Karting

Jan 31, 2009
    Asia
    Full Name:
    PCHT 5
    Very sad to hear that you are selling your car. It's probably the best conversion I've seen so far. Whoever buys it will be a very lucky guy.

18. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    That's a shame Grant, although in some ways you've kept it longer than I expected and great that you have enjoyed it as long as you have.

Jonathan

19. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    :( Grant, it is sad that the market has pushed you to sell the Daytona. I have enjoyed watching your restoration and adventures over the years. Good luck with the sell, I hope you get top dollar and can use the proceeds for to make family adventures and memories.

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I just have to join and say, good luck with the sale.

But like some other long time V12 owners have done before you, I am sad the values are enticing you to part with it.
    OTOH, it's not much fun driving and worrying all the time!

Of course you can get a modern V12, and continue, on for a fraction of what this wil bring!!!

Good luck and THANKS for the wonderful resto thread, and kudos also to your shop, those guys were Top Shelf!!!
    Alan

21. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Good luck with the sale Grant.

22. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Thanks very much for your kind comments guys.
    It has been a great time for me for filling my dream.
    Ferrari-chat has been so much help, and I even enjoyed the parts were I got the information wrong, which was soon corrected. My car may not sell anyway so you may have to put up with me for a little longer in the vintage section. I have had a few nibbles but it is hard for me to put across all the work and love the car has had.
    I will let you know what happens.
    Grant

23. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    #848 Daytonafan, Dec 24, 2015
  24. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Yes indeed it is.
    I think it was being picked up to be taken to the trimmers at the time. How on earth did you find those photos Matt?

25. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    They were posted today on Instagram. A search of the ferraridaytona hashtag turned them up.