Upgrade TR Brakes | FerrariChat

Upgrade TR Brakes

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by fly, Dec 16, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fly

fly Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I’m looking into upgrading the brakes on my TR. Has anyone upgraded their front brakes ONLY, with Brembo’s etc or is it advisable to upgrade all four? I ask because the rear of the car is carrying so much weight and I’m just wondering if just replacing the front brakes and not the rear would cause some major problems with proportioning, etc. I have 18” SAC wheels, so hopefully there will be ample room for a substantial upgrade. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

2. MPalilonis

MPalilonis Karting

Sep 30, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey Steve,

You should check out the Tech. section cause there is a man there named Ric that is working on a TR as we speek. He has some pictures of how he went about changing his rotors and such to Brembo. You should email the question you have reguarding your questions. Good Luck Man!! :)

Link : http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2974

Tifosi

~ Mike P.

3. fly

fly Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks Mike, I'll give Ric a try, via a PM as I have posted the same question on that thread, but no reply as yet.

4. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    You should definately try to get a front and rear kit from whatever manufacturer you go with. The brake bias with a big brake kit (bbk) on the fronts is immense. It was so bad with the Porsche 996TT setup that the front spoiler would hit the ground in testing so Brembo decided to only offer the kit as a set of 4. With the engine and drivetrain behind you, it is not worth risking having the rear end snap around on you in a hard braking manuever. Hope this helps.