Vanquish vs.575m vs. Murcielago vs. 911 turbo | FerrariChat

Vanquish vs.575m vs. Murcielago vs. 911 turbo

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 96impalaSS, Jan 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    going through my room today i found this old Evo i have and on the cover of it was a Enzo and it was like the first drive of it which was a nice article then i started reading a article about these 4 cars and the 575m got the lowest rating with 4 stars while all the others got 5 and the final winner was the Lambo. kinda distressing from a Ferrari lovers point of view. oh well

2. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    I think that the value of a car mag like Evo is not in the final rating, but more in the nature of the comments in the article, and the way you can learn to relate to them.
    There is always bias, even in the R&T type of articles which try to consign faithfully the variety of opinions of the panel, then compute rankings based on marks or points.
    If you have a panel of hardcore enthusiasts blasting on a track or a group of wise ol' guys in their mid-50's (sorry for the more senior members :) ) thinking of every day use, you are likely to get widely different ratings.

A high ranking is a good indication that the car is good/better at some things, does not mean it is THE car that's right for YOU and what you wanna do with it.

4 stars is not that bad, and maybe that's all the 575 deserved within the context of the article, or in the eyes of the journalist. Who cares ?

3. saiid

saiid Karting

Jan 6, 2004
    London, UK
    I am guessing, but was that particular test a 575M without the Fiorano pack?

4. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    That 575 didn't have a fiorano pack. Evo tested one that did in a later edition and gave that the full 5 stars. They also commented that Ferrari where going to adjust the Suspension on standard European 575's to make them stiffer in response to that road test and a similar test by Autocar.

5. H2OTT

H2OTT Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    If I remember correctly the 911 turbo with x50 performance package was the surprise of the comparison, nearly taking top honors, acceleration was close to the murci.

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    they were identical in the 0-60 with the murci getting a 4.0(claimed) and the 911 turbo 4.0(estimated)
    pretty much they only had good things to say about the 575m except one statment that says "As hardcore Ferrari fans will allready know, the 575 gets minor cosmetic revisions-chiefly new and rather fussy headlights. But it's the chasis alterrarions that are the real news, and it's not all good...".