where to get a 30k service in ATL | FerrariChat

where to get a 30k service in ATL

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by c2turbo.com, Oct 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. c2turbo.com

c2turbo.com Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    Who Can I trust to do a 30k service on my 98 355b ? that will do it right / quick and reasonable in price ? any ideas

Thanks C2turbo

2. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    You mean other than Ferrari of Atlanta???

3. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Ferrari Of Atlanta, they know their 355's, good pricing on full service.

Stephane
    Scaledetails

4. c2turbo.com

c2turbo.com Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    I am looking for diffrent options other than the dealer for price comparson

Thanks C2turbo

5. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Then check with Flashback Motorworks, 770.781.8989

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I concur with Flashback. Ron Reineke, ex-FAF and FOA service manager works there and he is a great Ferrari mechanic. He has attended factory training schools in Italy on most models icluding the 355. He will actually diagnose a problem that needs repair rather than just switching parts until the problem goes away. He was the only one to figure out a problem with my Boxer after it had been back and forth to FOA on numerous occasions to no avail.

7. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    If you are on the south side of Atlanta try Allspeed in Peachtree City. (770)631-3966. Glen Berry is a Ferrari-trained technician.

8. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    In Engineering you could only have two, but not all three!

However, I would trust FOA. So far with ALL of the service work so far on my F355, they've come awfully damned close on all, and have been completely satisfied on quality of work, speed of the deed, and final tally. Plus they have the SD testers to completely check out and test the internals. OBD F cars need to be looked after with the help of these gadgets. While I'm sure there are many compatent shops around, I'd bring my car only to a shop that has accsess to the proper test equipment. Not that knowledge and test equipment are mutually inclusive for a complete service, I'd be more assured of a shop that possess both. FOA has both for OBD cars that were officially imported by FNA.

Jeff Davison

9. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I agree with Jeff, and I also think that most Ferrari buyers tend to look for, or prefer F cars that were serviced at the dealerships rather than second hand shops. If I were to buy an Enzo or F40 in the future, I would be more comfortable knowing the scheduled services were done @ Ferrari, but maybe that's just me.

Stephane
    Scaledetails

10. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The only advantage to a dealer IMHO is that if they screw-up big, they do have the resources to make it right...like if they cause your F40 engine to blow a rod they can afford to pay to have it fixed whereas a small independant may not the money even if they want to. However, in my 20 odd year experience in owning 6 Ferraris, I have had much better service outside of the dealer system with independants who were all ex-dealer mechanics. Like most occupations in life, the best will almost always end up working for themselves...only the mediocre continue to work as an employee of others.

11. pressuretested

pressuretested Karting

Sep 29, 2004
    peachtree city, ga
    Full Name:
    bryson richards
    For price comparison try AllSpeed Imports in Peachtree City. 770-631-3966

12. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    I agree. I have seen some dealer work and I haven't been impressed. 2 of my Ferraris were dealer serviced. All kinds of unacceptable issues. My favorite was when they installed the gearbox drain plug where the oil drain plug goes and the oil drain plug where the gearbox plug goes. The best is the price that went along with that halfass work. The guy that worked on the clutch last was a gorilla. He torqued the input shaft nut to over 195 ftlbs of torque. (should have been around 136 or so) I am surprised the transfer gear didn't start tearing into the bellhousing. These kind of mistakes can cause you to be replacing a transmission soon. Not to mention the stripped threads that they didn't repair or butchered hose clamps, etc. The repair order/bill was absurb for a clutch change. When some see the FO___ Bill it may make them feel good (warm/fuzzy) but not me. I say this poor person most likely got ripped for halfass work. I guess many believe you get what you pay for and since the dealer charges the most many feel they do the best work. From my experience they don't.

13. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I concour. My recent torn cv joint boot was caused by improper installation. If appears the boot was stretched too far over the shaft shoulder which caused the boot to tear under the clamp holding it down. The other three boots not changed by the dealer still look great.