FerrariChat - The world's largest Ferrari community
Forum
Son Shares Over 60 Vintage Photos of His Late Father’s Rare Ferraris

Son Shares Over 60 Vintage Photos of His Late Father’s Rare Ferraris

Few people have seen these images before, even fewer have lived such a wonderful Ferrari lifestyle.

The passing of a relative is often difficult; the passing of your father even more so. In the wake of their life remain countless memories that last as long as can be shared, truly they are still with us. If we are lucky, we have more than verbal memories of those that came before us- we have writings and images.

While it takes time to read, and technology to watch video, photographs can be enjoyed through both a glance and a longing gaze. In this regard, photos are actually worth countless discussions, especially when the image is uniquely personal. Such is the case with these rare images, the remnant of a father that yields infinite memories. For it’s one thing to have an image of your loved one, but it’s another to have many images of their life and their passions. In this case, we get a unique glimpse at a very fortunate man.

We are very thankful that user 4thGen happily shared such incredible images with us, honoring his father’s legacy as a Ferrari fanatic. Seeing cars like the Tre Posti and California Spyder in their original settings not only evokes many memories for 4thGen but it connects to all that share the same Ferrari passions- especially those that lived back then.

The question that undoubtedly arises is, who was this man to have lived such a life? His name was Lawrence Kitt Tucker III, and he was involved in banking/finance, but I think it is best to hear from his son about what he was truly like in regards to his passions.

My father wasn't a collector. He daily-drove his Ferraris. Every day, every where. Torrential rain? Ferrari. 15 miles to/from work and stuck in traffic? Ferrari. Take me to elementary school? Ferrari. Drive me and two friends to the movies? Ferrari. Two friends in the passenger seat and me on the e-brake. Mom's car? Red Dino... He never kept them for more than a few years. He drove them, loved them, and sold them.

– 4thGen

Yes, it would be fantastic to have all of these vintage F-cars together in a glorious collection, but this was not the case with Kitt. Instead of amassing a group of cars that may live through subsequent generations, he amassed eternal moments shared with friends and family and reflected in images. Kitt knew it was important not just to make memories but to take a photo, it will last longer.

Again, it’s hard to understate how rare and personal these photos are and how lucky we are to have someone share them with us. We wish 4thGen and his entire family well. Kitt and his passion for Ferrari will surely live on.

When I get my Ferrari, I want to pick it up in Maranello where I will also spread my father's ashes. I know that's what he would have wanted. Yes, I know Ferrari doesn't do Euro-Delivery and it will be a logistics nightmare to have it insured while I drive it around Italy and have it shipped back to the states but I'll find a way to make it happen. I just want to say good-bye to my dad in a fashion he deserves. In a brand new Ferrari driven by his son. That will be an amazing day.

– 4thGen

Rest In Peace, Lawrence Kitt Tucker III. Thank you for sharing, 4thGen.

**Join the discussion and see all the photos here.