FerrariChat - The world's largest Ferrari community
Forum
Avoid Front License Plate Laws Without Damaging Your Bumper

Avoid Front License Plate Laws Without Damaging Your Bumper

Here’s how your car can remain beautiful and your driving record clean.

Many states in the USA, along with various countries and provinces around the world, have specific laws for placing front license plates on your car. This is obviously so that law enforcement can identify your vehicle from either direction, but it clearly creates an issue in regards to the appearance of your vehicle. Some cars have a convenient spot in their front bumper for a plate, but other cars, especially exotic or luxury ones, do not include this in their design. So here’s how to comply with such laws without compromising the look of your gorgeous car.

Well first of all, there is the option to just ignore the law altogether. No we are not suggesting that you break the law, but let’s not act like we always obey the speed limit either. We have many users that simply ask for forgiveness instead of permission, and I have first hand experience with this tactic. Texas requires a front license plate, yet I do not have a front plate on ANY of my cars. Why? They hardly enforce the front plate law around me. In fact, if I were to be pulled over, I could easily point out a dozen cars passing by without their plates. This does not excuse me breaking the law, and I would surely pay any fine issued to me, however it is easy to see why me and many other Texans simply do not install a front plate.

An even crazier story from my college days in Texas was when I (accidentally) didn’t have any plates at all on my truck. I was pulled over and let off with a warning. Of course I lived very close by and was told to go home, but I digress. The point is that a ticket for a license plate error is not common here. And as another user pointed out, if you are polite and apologetic, a cop will most likely let you go. So this is your first route, and it is risky, but I’m sure most Ferrari owners can withstand a certain level of risk. The real question is what if you live in an area that aggressively enforces front plate laws?

Again, you don’t want to drill into your bumper or generally install the huge rectangle in front of your sexy car, but sometimes you have to put a plate on to at least get the car inspected. There are products that attach to the tow hook of your car for easy inspection and removal. Then you can drive under the hope of forgiveness again, but what if it is still too risky to do that where you live? Well we just happen to have a sponsor that is a leader in ‘no-drill’ license plate holders.

Carbonio is a long-time sponsor of FerrariChat, and they have the ultimate solution for people that have to display a front plate or at least want to play it safe. Their products hold up under intense driving and of they do not harm or change the vehicle in any way. Sure, your Ferrari may look a little funny with a front plate, but the peace of mind that this quality product brings you is more than worth it. So check out Carbonio if you are in the market for a no-drill plate holder.