FerrariChat - The world's largest Ferrari community
Forum
‘Secret’ Button Found in Ferrari 812 Superfast?

‘Secret’ Button Found in Ferrari 812 Superfast?

by: Jack Booker

Without a label it could be anything!

I had an odd experience one time, and maybe you have done something similar. I found a panel on the wall of my home with a light switch, which is not in itself uncommon, only I swear I had never seen it before. How could I have missed this switch for so long and what exactly did it turn on? I tested it of course, and it was just a second/additional switch for a light that I had been using for years, but that is not the point. Have you ever found a random, unlabeled button or switch? Well this guy found one in his Ferrari 812 Superfast.

It was a normal day, just vacuuming out an exotic car, when suddenly a button appeared underneath the seat. Round, black, and important enough to shape the floor mat around it, the immediate question of course was- what does it do? You could call the dealership, but you don’t know who exactly to call and you don’t want to waste their time or look uninformed. You could crack open the manual, but what word(s) would you search in the index? Where would you begin reading? Maybe the best bet is to post an image on FerrrariChat and let the community of owners and enthusiasts answer the question. Unless of course they give false answers.

And that’s exactly what happened. One person said it was the GPF switch, which would be a welcome feature, but unfortunately is not true. Another person said DON’T TOUCH THAT, as the button shoots the seat (and passenger) through the roof like a fighter jet! This also would be a cool feature, but alas it is another joke. A third person finally offered a serious answer, but it was still wrong. No, it is not for a racing harness. So what is it? A bomb?!

No, it is the exact opposite. Luckily a user saved the day with a screenshot from page 58 of the user manual. The secret button is called the ‘fuel inertia switch’ and it simply deactivates the fuel pump, should you collide with someone. So now you know! It was fun while it lasted, the imaginations of what the button could be. Ultimately, we are glad the community shares such important information, but I really wish the button was for machine guns in the headlights or something.