FCA Event May 26-28 Coach I Memorial Ferrari and Motorcar Concorso | FerrariChat

FCA Event May 26-28 Coach I Memorial Ferrari and Motorcar Concorso

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, May 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #1 Juan-Manuel Fantango, May 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    **Another reason you should join the Ferrari Club of America! Ferrari ownership is encouraged, but not mandatory. Join us now https://www.ferrariclubofamerica.org/index.cfm/ID/43/

Check out the video of a past event here:

https://vimeo.com/97609372

Greetings FCA Members and Friends,

Once again our annual event honoring Dr. I.M. Ibrahim and his love for friends and Ferraris is upon us! We always have some very interesting cars and folks at this event, so we hope you will consider adding this to your Memorial weekend plans.

Julie is opening her home; a masterwork designed by Alfred Browning Parker Ten Things To Love About Architect Alfred Browning Parker and commissioned by John "Buck" Fulp, noted gentleman racer and textile magnate, John Fulp (USA)'s cars - Photo Gallery - Racing Sports Cars for this FCA event. Buck raced many of the early Ferraris such as the 250TR, 196 Dino, 250 GTO, 250 LM. And some say he had a track on the back of the property where he tuned and tested his cars. We have indeed found what we believe to be the banking for the turns to this rumored track. It is really neat that great Ferraris have always been part of this ABP masterwork.

During the weekend there will be Julie and David's Fabulous Garage Party, a fun "Concorso" of Ferrari and other fine collectible automobiles, a barbecue luncheon, live music provided by Doug Jones of Craven Melon, a rally to Highlands, NC, dinner at Cyprus featuring international cuisine, and the Monaco Grand Prix viewing complete with brunch and Champagne. We may even have Just Aircraft stop in again and land at "Lake Julie`"! Lake Julie is kind of like Lake Como, but it's a 14 acre pond with lots of bass so please bring a rod. I'm not kidding, three of our friends caught 135 bass a few weeks ago, and all were released!

If you are staying the weekend, I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn (864.964.0100). Ask for the Special FCA rate of $109 per night. This is 1.8 miles from Julie's and you can even leave your car at her estate while we act as your taxi service, or park in the secure parking at the hotel. Since this is a jump in as you see fit high value event, feel free to book one night, two nights, or just attend any of the scheduled events.

Below is a schedule of events:

Friday May 26:

- 5:30 - 7:30pm: Cocktails and finger food at Julie's Garage

Saturday May 27:

- 10:30am - 2:30pm: Ferrari and Motorcar Concorso and Rally with Doug Jones-Pools open for those who dare!

- 3:00pm: Rally to Highlands

- 5:30pm: Dinner at Cyprus Cyprus International Cuisine

Sunday May 28:

- 10:30am-1:00pm: Monaco Grand Prix with Julie & David

All sponsorship is provided by The Tiger Sports Shop https://www.tigersports.com/ and Maserati Lotus Greenville Maserati and Lotus Dealership Greenville SC | Used Cars Maserati Lotus Greenville

Again, please RSVP for each event that you will be attending so our caterer and restaurant reservations will be set. I'll see some of you in just a few Weeks!

Remember...RSVP- please PM on Fchat or email below.

A Dopo,

David Scott

President Emeritus, South Carolina Chapter
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I'd love to come, but can't. I almost brought a Daytona from Coach I, super nice guy.

3. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Margaret and I would not miss the Saturday deal - only 1 day because grandsons BD the next day

4. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Heck bring the grandsons should be warm enough for the pool and we'll watch Monaco, then Indy!

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Sounds like it would be a birthday he'd never forget!

6. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Julei and David are true ambassadors for all cars (and people)- and what a beautiful setting
    Two of the nicest people I have ever met

7. Topes

Topes Karting

Sep 6, 2015
    Charleston
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I would love to come and as a new member really should, however I don't think we can swing the full weekend. What day is considered "best", if you had to choose?

8. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Saturday will have more cars etc. And you can head back to Charleston as we head up the mountain...come on!

9. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    #9 raider1968, May 11, 2017
    Love to bring him but we will be driving way too fast thru the mnts from my house to bring him - will be testing my new FF CC brakes on my F1 Mas GTS

10. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    That's going to be an amazing upgrade! You may need to ad 5 or 6 pt harness lol. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

11. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Looking forward to making it this weekend after missing last year! Always a great event and turnout.

No need to count us for catering! We will come full :)

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    It will be a bit warm on Saturday - good thing that Highlands is about 10 degrees cooler!

13. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Melissa and I are coming with possibly three other friends. You have now been warned as the threat is eminent! ;)

14. tdw28210

tdw28210 Karting

INTERLOPER ALERT!

I just sent an email to David letting him know my wife and I will be attending for part of Saturday. But...we will be driving an '87 Porsche 911 in Carmine Red. Not to worry though, I'll dig out my vintage N.A.R.T. t-shirt for the event. : )

GO TIGERS!!

15. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Very cool! Go Tigers!! I bet "Buck" Fulp would perk up at the NART shirt....

16. JohnBradleyDaniels

Oct 16, 2011
    Spartanburg SC
    My wife and I will be coming. Already RSVP'ed for Saturday. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

17. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    I wasn't sure if we could make it by Saturday with the Merak steering rack and front suspension being put back together. Well it's back together and ready to go. I have sent an RSVP to David if it isn't to late.

My question is what is the address of the wonderful event? This way I can decide on our flight plan from Atlanta. :)

Ciao,
    George

18. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    We made it!

The Event was spectacular! Fantastic people, superlative cars, and awesome food.

Thank you to all who make this wonderful happening possible.

Ciao,
    George

19. tdw28210

tdw28210 Karting

David (and Julie)

Thanks for all the hospitality. It was very memorable day. Especially the F40, the Daytona, the spectacular home and grounds and when my lovely wife bid against me for the Giles Villenueve autograph! (all for a great cause). I wish we could have stayed longer, but family obligations required our early departure. Thanks again.

20. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #20 Patek, May 28, 2017
    I don't know why everyone does not just blot out on the calendar this weekend, as we know the time of year. This is a Do Not Miss weekend. Julie and David really make sure everyone is happy and having fun.

Julie and I certainly Enjoyed it.

Here are a few sweet photos of Friday.

21. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I had a blast as usual at this event. I counted 40 Ferraris, which I think is a record for the event, among 86 cars on Julie's lawn on Saturday. The ribs at lunch were phenomenal, and the dinner in Highlands was fun as usual, though I wish we had been sitting outside again.

Thanks again to Julie and David and the staff for putting on this wonderful tribute event.

I'll be posting photos later.

22. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    So happy I went last minute. My wife gave me a pass considering Friday was our 27th anniversary. Beautiful cars and wonderful people. Julie and David have a way of attracting both.
    Thank you and Congratulations on your announcement.
    ❤️❤️❤️

23. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
  24. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #24 Patek, May 28, 2017
    Julie doesn't know this.... but David was selling rides doing Doughnuts in the Daytona.... what ..... it was a great ideal ,and easy to wash off.

25. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #25 Patek, May 28, 2017