Any FERRARI VIP reads Fchat ? | FerrariChat

Any FERRARI VIP reads Fchat ?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by amenasce, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Was wondering if any Ferrari Spa , or FNA or from any other country reads/lurks/surfs Ferrari Chat ??

2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I was wondering the same thing. If they do and haven't noticed yet, WE WANT A NEW DINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

3. Dr_ferrari

Dr_ferrari Formula 3
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 2, 2003
    Pocono Sportscar
    Full Name:
    Jim McGee
    ex fna here......

4. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

i second that ! Can i get a free one ? :D

5. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Back when you belonged to the other side of the force :D , did u read Fchat ?

6. Dr_ferrari

Dr_ferrari Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Pocono Sportscar
    Full Name:
    Jim McGee
    didnt know of it....

7. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Back when we were a Fcar dealer, I had talked with some of the FNA parts guys about this site. They said they would look, but never post. Do not know if that is still true.

We obviously have the UK tech and parts guys lurking!

8. Dr_ferrari

Dr_ferrari Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Pocono Sportscar
    Full Name:
    Jim McGee
    Probably true, So far I don`t see anybody familiar posting.

regards, jim

9. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    And a new mid-engined 12 that doesn't cost a million $$$

And a 420 that goes 0-60 in 4 seconds (or less...) :)

10. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  11. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    We can hope.

12. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    FERRARI_UK_TECH STILL LURKING!!!!

MW

13. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    The only thing I ever heard is the some dealers do watch this board. (NA) For anyone that's been here for awhile this can be sometimes a very bad thing. Sometimes its not best idea to bite the hand that feeds us. As a good thing, call it a PR learning experience.

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    For my sake, i hope no one from Algar reads this site...

15. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    FoDallas and FoHouston know what goes on on F/C. Won't post often but will very occasionally.

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes, Ferrari in Italy and FNA are all over FerrariChat.com. Just not posting or at least not letting you know who they are.

I met the head of tech for FNA last year and all I had to do was say my name and he smirked. He gave a cold answer like "yes, I know about FerrariChat.com". Nice guy, they did business before FC and they can do business after FC. By tuning into FC they might be able to obtain some valuable information, like if you would rather have a trophy wife or enzo or better yet, what's your favorite car wax. :)

17. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Plus, I bet they can get more Lamborghini info here than at the Lambo chat sites! :)

18. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    ROTFLMAO...!!!

19. teflon

teflon Formula Junior

May 16, 2003
    Full Name:
    Greg A
    I don't know if you're kidding or not, but someone very important from Algar is an fchat member.

Greg A

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    No, i wasn't kidding... After a certain car left the dealership, i took upon myself to crack a few jokes... No harm intended, just a few wisecracks...

In my defense, i carry the VIN around in my pocket, hoping to one day find the car and have it returned to Algar... ZFFTG46AXS0103494

21. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

NNO.

Not to pour water on your wise cracking flame, but, the guys at Algar are about as good as it gets, and Bob Segal is a real quality guy.

Yes, he did get his F50 swiped, which was a very bad day for him. I happened to be on the phone with him the morning after while he was talking to his insurance guy about it. But, he seems to have recovered his sense of humor, and probably would not revoke your F-Chat privlidges, if he administered this site, despite your cracking-wise about the theft.

So take a deep breath, don't worry about the Algar faction, and continue to tune your wise a$$ attitude. Carry on.

22. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Dave, i'm glad that Bob has a sense of humor and that you think he wouldn't be too offended... You're not pouring water on my flame, either, it was all done with harmless, humorous intent... i've never met anyone at Algar nor do i have anything against them...

i read on a fortune cookie once: There's a humorous side to every situation; the challenge is to find it.

That's all, nothing more... Tell Bob i wish him the best...

23. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hey Ferrari VIP's did you pay the guy that designed these 6 bland looking cars a lot of money? Ferrari's 2004 line-up has turned me into a Lambo fan :(
    Did you think it was a good idea to drop the exotic car niche? GT's more fun for you? The 360's nice but 1 true sports car out of 6, what happened?

24. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Yo.

I'm sure the guys at Algar who visit do the occasional "Algar Search" and will pass your glad tidings along to the boss.

And yep, I can tell by your multitudinous postings that you're all in fun. no harm, no foul.

25. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Yeah I they do read this stuff. The only thing they are interested in is finding people that infringe on FNA's strangle hold of the U.S. market. They don't give a rats azz about the owners opinions. I'm probably one of the guys on thier "do not allow in the factory" list, Hahahaaaa. My #1 complaint is your IDIOTIC PRICES, enough already. Quit being a bunch of greedy little bastards. What is worse is that you over charge for parts you don't even make. Honestly, enough is enough.