Let's SHOOT A VIDEO !!! | FerrariChat

Let's SHOOT A VIDEO !!!

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by tifosi69, Dec 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Guys,

Are there no interested souls out there? We need to get a bunch of Maranello's best out, shoot stills, action video, interiors, engine bays, etc. This would be fun. Email me if you are interested.

[email protected]

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I cannot believe that there are no souls out there that want to participate !! I have tried to organize this event in conjunction with a small informal get-together to celebrate Enzo's birthday at a friend of mine's Italian restaurant. He is from the old country, the same small town outside Rome where my mother was born, (Sperlonga) and prepares AUTHENTIC ITALIAN CUISINE, not the americanized, Ragu-style crap most people are used to ingesting. I recommended him to the organizers of the Italian Car Day and they just blew him off. It's amazing, his food is far better that the white-bread slop they have had the last several years. I have never ceased to be amazed at all the arrogance there is out there in the Ferrari community !!! We are ALL members of an ELITE group, Ferrari owners, and yet some people in this so-called community have their noses so high up in the air that I'm surprised they have not been broken by the angel's bowling balls !! Anyway, I know the reason no one wants to participate, it's because MOST people who own Ferraris are nothing but POSERS !!! They are scared to drive the cars the way they are supposed to be driven, when a car nut approaches them to say: "hey man, cool car" they turn their nose up in the air because heaven forbid a peon, non-Ferrari owner DARE to speak to them !! Very disappointing. FORZA FERRARI !!!

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I recommend the decaf tiramisu.

4. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    WE DO drive our cars they way they were designed...ON THE TRACK, not for the benefit of ex-ricers who want to shoot a boutiqe video that are really a dime a dozen. On the street it would be a fool who drives without proper considerations for the driving environment.

BTW.. WE had a commitment with Giovanis this year for catering the show. Giovanis gave us the quality of food at the price we needed to pay. We had ABSOLUTELY NO complaints about food quality or quantity. In fact we had compliments. FYI 2003 was the second year we had a restaurant cater our show. All prior years a handful of dedicated volonteers comandeered our kitchens to PREPARE THE MEALS OURSELVES with our own hands. We bust our collective asses on this show, in preparations and working the event itself. We operate the show on a shoe string budget and strive to give the BEST SHOW for dollar. I say this for all the hard working individuals who volunteer their time and efforts, whom, you've all insulted, as well on behalf of Govanis (one of the BEST Italian restaurants in the area and who we are greatful to for their willingness to do an off-site event). At the end of the day there is no real profit. The reason we do it is FOR THE LOVE OF THE ITALIAN AUTOMOBILE.

YOUR comments, sir, are the disappointment and it seems that YOUR nose is pointed towards the sky.

Jeff Davison,

Secretary / Treasurer FLU Atlanta (Fiat Lancia Unlimited)
    Member FCA
    Owner of a Lancia Scorpion, Lancia Stratos replica w/ 308 qv supercharged , and YES a real F355. ALL are driven they way they were ment to, WHERE they were meant to. (except the Stratos as it's under construction)

5. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
  6. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison

My comments were not directed to MadTurk who originally suggested a video. Appologies to MadTurk if he (or anyone else) may have thought I was calling him an ex-ricer. He definately is one of the good guys and his intentions were / are in the right place. even though he should be more careful filling up his car ;^P

Jeff Davison

7. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I am in. I am sick of these guys that keep saying " WE DO drive our cars they way they were designed...ON THE TRACK. These car that we drive are not race cars! " As long as we don't danger anyones lifes, do anything crazy I am in. But I don't wanna be the only Ferrari and bunch of ricers. Keep me posted if you guys get anything organized. SAFELY. We don't wanna run over people in SUVs.

8. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Hey Jeff you are right. No way I put more then 10 bucks worth of gas in it now. No need for appologies. You are right though I do wanna do a video done safely. I have no interest in a ricer show. It'll be fun. I hope you will be a part of it.

9. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Also, I don't think that we are in a ELITE group just because we own one of these cars. People do forget sometimes that they are just cars. Don't get me wrong fanatics, I love my car but the reality is they are just cars. But for the most part most owners that I met are pretty nice guys I think. Some just don't like people speeding in public roads. Which I understand. But some over defend.
    If you wanna be a part of a ELITE group go win a nobel price.
    Best of luck.

10. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    I am interested. I have a friend with a black '99 C5 and one with a black '02 Z06 that would probably be interested as well. Setup a time/date/location and maybe we can get this thing going. I have access to two digital camcorders (mini DV).

11. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Now you are talking Madturk !!! I would like to shoot for the 21st of February so we could have a get together to commemorate Enzo's birthday as well. I know there is some dispute as to the actual date but since the previous weekend is Valentines Day I'm sure those of us with wives, girlfriends or significant others would not be too happy with us playing with our toys on that day. Anyway, all I am saying is that I have met a handful of great, well-meaning people in Ferrari-related groups, however, so many more are so uptight, arrogant and very aloof and stand-offish. I have NEVER put anyone in danger with my driving, and that is not my opinion that is a matter of fact which can be verified by my EXCELLENT driving record since I was 16 years old. (a fact that can be verified with my insurance agent) I have ZERO points on my record, how many of you can say that? All I am saying is that it is NOT dangerous to occasionally stomp on it, PROVIDED that there is not a road full of cars. I am NOT talking about wrecklessly weaving in and out of cars. Anyway, madturk and anyone else interested, let's do it.

FORZA FERRARI

12. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    How do you not get any tickets????????? I am speechless, good for you. Anyways I am in. I might be able to get another guy with a 355 and BMW M. Nothing too crazy, no traffic stuff at all. I don't do that stuff anymore ( But I might if challenged, I don't trust myself fully yet to say NO or let the guy in the Corvette pass ). So, no dangering any lives and no racing in traffic!!!! Must be done safely.

13. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Email me, I have a friend with a 512TR, another with a 355b if I can convince him to come from FLA and several others. As I mentioned at the start of the thread I would like to "wrap up" the day at a FINE DINING establishment without all the hoity-toity snootiness, it's owned by a friend of mine from the old country and he still has all his family in Italy, has a summer home there near my familia and his sisters always bring me gifts from the Galleria whenever they come to visit. He and his young son are Ferrari, MS and F1 nuts and love to get together with like-minded people.

14. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Feb. 21st sounds good. Have any ideas as to what roads will be used? I was thinking some up north would be good, around the Vogel State Park area. Maybe a cruise up 400 then a run through Vogel and the surrounding parts. I also have a silver NSX that may be interested in being a part of it.

15. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Friends keep in mind, no license here. Least cop area would be nice. Right now 21st looks OK for me.

16. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Guys, email me if you want to participate, I am going to tell my friend how many people we are going to have and if it ia enough he will close the restaurant to all but us. BTW, can't wait to see the F1 debut today !!!

17. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Okay-yes it is a good idea but it needs to be done in conjunction with some other activity. I like your idea about tying it in with a get together at a local restaurant. I would be up for this but some one--maybe you (Tifosi 69) needs to come up with a specific plan, date and how to accomplish your goal. Give me a plan that says we will meet at x location at y date. Also include that we will use these roads and that there will be x number of in car cameras and exterior cameras, that you want interviews with owners, detail shots and speed shots. In short, instead of complaining about lack of interest take charge of the event yourself and make it happen. If people show up then great, if they don't then you learn it was a bad idea. Amazing how free choice/free market concepts work.

18. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Okay since no one wants to organize a car drive/video shoot lets see if I can get the ball rolling:

Date: Feb 21st

Start Location: Ferrari of Atlanta parking lot

Time: 9:00-9:30 AM. We start the run up north on GA 400 at 9:30-9:45

Route: Us 129 North to US19 at Turners corner. Stop to allow cars to "collect" Continue up 19 to Route 180 to Route 60 and Suches and then south on 60 to Dahlonga. Stop at various places for video shoots. (TBD)

People can then head home and clean up for party at my house or come straight on over.

We need someone(s) who can do the video shoot and has the proper equipment. Any volunteers?

PS: If someone wants to make changes to this-go for it!!

Brian Willis

19. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    That time / date / location works for me. What does the car list look like so far?

20. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Red 355 here

21. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    How about a scavenger hunt video? I'll help.

22. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    So how many are planning to show up so far? I have one black C5 for sure, possibly a black '02 996 TT. (he's concerned about the distance he has to drive, he lives inside Atlanta, silly P-car owners, heh)

-Rick

23. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    ** Makes you wonder WHY ??? people spend their money on a car that they refuse to drive doesn't it ? It has puzzled me for a number of years. I drove my cars rain or shine.

24. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Hey Family man, would love to make your aquaintance, email or pm me if you like.

ciao

25. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    we are supposed to be having a birthday party celebration at Brian Willis' house in Smyrna. I think it starts at 5:00 pm....or am I wrong?