More 308 carb sync - tolerance in kg/hr in carb airflow? | FerrariChat

More 308 carb sync - tolerance in kg/hr in carb airflow?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Mike328, Jan 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    From some research in the archives, I've seen some data that suggests you should try to syncrhonize your carb airflow rates between barrels/carbs to +/- 1/4 kg/hr.

Here's the thread:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/discus/messages/256120/267063.html

I think I could get +/- 1/2 kg/hr... But consistent 1/4 kg/hr is optimistic...

That said, maybe this accuracy is plenty accurate for the carbs? Is there a spec on the tolerance for kg/hr in carb air flow?

2. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    If everything is healthy and well prepared, the only thing stopping perfect synchronisation is the amount of time you're willing to spend doing it. Remember to fully close all bypasses initially and only open those that need it, to keep you in range.

Being within 1/4 is perfectly acceptable and a good place to stop fiddling, but you can go for perfection if you have the urge or time.

If a butterfly is bent, or spindle problem etc, or other engine trouble, you may have trouble getting close.

3. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Anywhere from 3 1/2 - 4 /12 Kg/hr is fine.

4. 4re gt4

4re gt4 Formula 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Roseburg, OR
    Full Name:
    Hans E. Hansen
    I didn't have much trouble getting all holes to just a shade under "4". Like 3 3/4 or 3 7/8.