Motorsports Unlimited Cable TV show. | FerrariChat

Motorsports Unlimited Cable TV show.

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Nov 10, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Check out this website. www.msutv.com This is the local,cable access show that I've been telling you guys about. It's been on for 16 years,and is touted as "Chicagolands longest running, most watched ,most talked about Cable TV access show". Their site will show you what day,time and channel that it is on in your area. This is the guy who is sponsoring the Thanksgiving Day show at "THe Rock" by the Museum of Science and Industry. Mr. Bill Wildt is the host and producer of the show. I've talked to him several times,and would like to see about him covering one of the Ferrari events next year.(Preferably the Oakbrook Show,as,it's bigger and more open.) We can talk to him about it sometime.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well, it's ten more days and counting till the rock event at the Museum for Science and Industry. Getting terribly exited. Have to clean and polish the car. Can't wait. Anybody else going? Frank, you got my little gag trophy by then?

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'll check with my brother-in-law.I'll stop by and see him this week to check. If not,then FOR SURE by the 13th. And,I'll more than likely go out to "The Rock" on Thanksgiving morning,IF the weather is O.K. But...gotta get there EARLY! And,I gotta get a new fuel pump Relay!, lest I forget and get stranded.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Don't forget about the annual gathering on Thanksgiving Morning at "The Rock",next Thursday. But...must get there EARLY,like in at least 8:00AM. It's in Jackson Park,along Cornell Dr. West of the Museum of Science and Industry,"Kiddie Corner". You and your Ferrari can be on the Motorsports Unlimited Local Cable access TV show. Copy it when it airs,usually a few weeks later,and have a nice memento. It's getting bigger every year. It commemorates the FIRST "Official" Automobile Race ever held in the United States,I believe,back in 1895. Check out their website at: www.msutv.com

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Right NOW,( Sunday 11/23/03 ) on Comcast cable access channel, Bill Wildt (Motorsports Unlimited TV show) is at the FieroRama show.In Oakbrook Terrace,IL. a few weeks ago. All Fiero's. Some with body kits. Some with V8's. Check your local cable listings or the www.msutv.com website for when it airs by you this week. Quite interesting! ***NOTE!!: At the end of this show...Don't miss it! There is a 288GTO made out of a Fiero,that looks pretty damn good! (sorry,Dave 330GTC. But,it DOES!) AND....AND...one that looks like a 246Dino...CONVERTIBLE!!!! Sh*t! Had I known that these cars were there,I'd have walked over and checked them out! Next year,I definitely will!

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    A 288 GTO out of a Fiero is nuts, but a 246 GTS actually makes sense. Six cylinders as well and similar proportions. I bet that looked good.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    They both did.You really must see to believe. (AND...They are NOT like the Bondo Fiero!!!)

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,Andreas.They did not show the "Rock" taping on tonites Motorsports Unlimited show. So,that means that it should be shown next week. I'll look for it next Sunday,and let you know. But,I'll see you next Saturday at Charlie Fox's,and I will have the Trophy with me. I really think that you'll like it. It came out really nice. Junior is coming with us,so,I'll let him "present it" to you! :) And,since there will be 3 or 4 of us,I will not be driving the F-Car. :(

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Frank-

I hesitate to tell you, but I think the show is a total BORE!

I've never watched an entire program; it tends to put me asleep.

Please, if you enjoy it, don't take offense; but the guy has to be losing money to have it aired.

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I like it. Do agree that it's not very "Slickly produced",but,for what it is,a local cable access show,I enjoy it. And,apparently,so do alot of others,as,it's been going for 16 YEARS now,and is touted as "Chicagolands most watched. Most talked about. Longest running Cable TV access show". Name another one-? I've learned some good things from that show,and have been exposed to other Motorsport that I otherwise would have never been exposed to. And,saw alot of really cool cars,and other vehicles. Bill Wildt is probably THE most enthusiastic "Car guy" in the Area. (But...Just like Jerry Springer. In it's 13TH SEASON,but most people say that it should be off the air! :) )Sure,maybe they can get a director,and more graphics and stuff. But,as I already mentioned. Apparently,it's not needed as it's the "Most watched, Most talked about. Longest running cable TV access show", just the way it is. And,he ,apparently,gets enough money from the sponsors that he has to keep it going for 16 years. If he wasn't making any money,I'm sure that he would have had to "throw in the towel" years ago. He has a House,car,bills to pay. In addition to doing the show. But,as enthusiastic as Bill is,I sincerely doubt that he's doing it for the Money. PURELY...for his Love of Motorsport,and,desire to pass it along to Younger people so that it lives on.

11. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Maybe I need to learn to have a little patience!

The last show I watched was about some guy, and his wife, that owned a bunch of 50s and 60s American cars.

The emcee, and the 2 people he was interviewing, just talked about the cars, and the cars weren't really shown.

That was my second experience with 'MSUTV'; I switched to a different channel!

Sheesh.....have I become old and crotchety? :(

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No,Skip. It IS a slow moving show. But,he does cover alot of interesting topics,and shows some great cars. He covers all sorts of Summer Car Shows,The Big Car Shows, (Chicago Auto Show,World of Wheels,Vettefest,etc...) Cruise Nights,Swap Meets. Car Racing,Boating,Jet Skiing,Sky Diving,Airplanes,Ultra Lights,Motorcycles,Ice Racing,Snowmobiles,just about anything that has to do with anything with a motor. Turbocharging,Blowers,Fuel Injection,Carbs. V8 Swaps into Fiero's. Yes,I agree that sometimes he gets going a little too long on one thing. (Could use a Director) But,in general,and ,for what it is,( a Local Cable Access Show.) I enjoy it. No,I'm not Raving about it. But,just enjoy it for what it is. And,he does all of this SIMPLY out of his Passion for Motorsports,and anything that has a motor on it. And,to try to pass it along to the next Generations. He gets real excited when he gets a Young guy at a Car show or Cruise night,that has an Old car. How many young guys under,say,25 even know what a carbeurator is? Or how it works?