Hideously off topic.... | FerrariChat

Hideously off topic....

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by paulnwgb, Jan 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    Just returned from holiday - whilst out there, I rented a Range Rover. What a buzz!

Now I'm seriously considering trading in my daily driver (BMW 330) for a used 4.6 HSE or perhaps a Vogue.

I know bugger all about Landies - anyone here got one?
    Whilst I'm here - has anyone here got an X5 (also a contender)?

I'd really like to hear any opinions.

Cheers
    Paul

2. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Try a Merc G. I tried both and decided the G was better. Not everyone's cup of tea though.

3. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Driven all of them and serviced all of them,
    X-5 NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
    ML NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
    E-38 GETTING DATED BE CAREFULL,4.6 MOTOR BETTER THAN 4.0 KEEP AWAY FROM THE DIESEL,IF IT HAS A GAS CONVERSION WALK AWAY,
    NEW R-R 4.4 PETROL BEAUTY MY SIS HAS A 4.0 E-38 HAD TO PUT NEW BLOCK IN IT DUE TO LINER SHIFT,WOULD POST SOME PICS BUT HAVING PROBLEMS THERE,
    paul pay special attention to the cooling system,heater system make sure its all working ok,get the emissions checked the cats are all one piece £1250 genuine half that aftermarket,lambda sensors £250 each x-two if these go down gen-part,we use xjs sensors £100 each same thing longer lead,dont matter what one buys take someone with you who knows how to pull these to bits,
    Dale.

4. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Hi go for the new Range 4.4 petrol, you can even drive it hard it is better than the rest by miles and miles.
    Have had the last 3 models and they just get better and better. Had a merc ml but it was like being a kid and your parents gave you a Chipper and you wanted a Chopper the real thing..

Andy.

5. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    I Had a Rangie for years. Loved it.
    Gutted when I had to sell it. It was too big for the wife.
    Or was that the other way round - sold the wife kept the Rangie.
    It's was touch and go for a minute.

Wazza

6. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    Thanks guys - well, got my eye on a 4.6HSE - would have took the plunge today if the dealer wasn't being completely unreasonable about the trade in value of my bimmer.... bloody motor dealers...

7. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Wazza should be at donington in march,will be in the r-r dressed as mr blobby so you wont miss the pink man with spots,if you dont get on the podium il sit on the vee,
    Dale.

8. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Dale ,

You'd better explain yourself before I start to think you've lost the plot completely?

Wazza

9. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Oh dear to much last night at a party and loged on, should have gone to bed,brain cell's now recovering,
    apologies
    Dale.