Coulthards at it again ... | FerrariChat

Coulthards at it again ...

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by PSk, Jan 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Another famous quote. Atleast he did not say it was his year this year :D ...

Fancy being in F1 as long as he has to finally make a comment about being proactive ... **** I have new found respect for JV and Eddie Irvine.

F1 will not miss the retiring of Coulthard. I just hope he does not hurt himself this year and retires gracefully back to Scotland, and I don't know ... starts a de-motivational school or something ;)

Pete
    ps: Quote obtained from www.f1-live.com

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    LOL... I didn't see that.

There's a team player... a team motivator... sheesh, even if he believes that, he'd have to be a total moron to also say it. I assume he's one of those that has trouble expressing what he means... constantly putting his foot in his mouth.

If I was on his team, this is what I heard:

"I have been completely lazy the past few seasons, thinking I could just let the team do all the work and then show up and drive and win." "As a grand prix driver, the team is pretty irrelevant; but I am going to try to leverage what little is useful in McLaren to help me improve so that I can win."

MS goes overboard the exact opposite direction... its always about the team effort... now matter how you word the question, he'll answer it including the team. I respect that; though it gets annoying at times. ;)

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    :D Summed it up perfectly. Yes I agree he may be one that has trouble communicating ... but gee you would have thought he would have learnt something by now. Just watch MS and how he interacts with his team, as you say.

Pete

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    WIBNI (Wouldn't It Be Nice If)
    a Banner welcoming Coulthard (wherever) read:

Shut up and drive.

5. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Him and Ralf love saying stuff but they don't do it.

Like Wax said ''Shut up and drive''.

6. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    Monaco can't be easy, what with all his hotel investments there it's a wonder he can keep his eyes on the road.

7. dinodude

dinodude Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Glenn Stephens
    What he meant was "I better improve my skills because I will be shopping for a job this year".