348 Sport Exhaust Question | FerrariChat

348 Sport Exhaust Question

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by mvespo348, Jan 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    On my exhaust the 2 tips on the left side seem to be in correct location but the right 2 tips are sticking way out enough to stand on them with your feet. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can straiten out the right 2 tips so both sides match up correctly.

Also does anyone have a picture of the exhaust system installed with the rear bumper off?

Thanks Michael

2. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Michael,
    When I installed a tubi system on my past 348 I ran into a similar problem. The way I fixed the lateral, horizontal and vertical distances of the tips coming out of the bump was to loosen the muffler to cats, cats to headers and the spring type muffler bracket holding muffler. Given this I just moved these parts around until I liked the look. Hope this helps you out.
    Good luck,
    Jim

3. NC348

NC348 Karting

Feb 18, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James I. Movich
    i put a tubi with test pipes on mine. i had a slight alingment issue on the right side, but was able to get it rigfht after a little work. you need to be aware of the slight angles of the cats or test pipes. some twisting and turning may be needed to get the one inside the throat of another to get it in all the way. i used a little WD 40 to help them slip.