Will there be a Bush/Giuliani ticket in '04? | FerrariChat

Will there be a Bush/Giuliani ticket in '04?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by KennyH, Jan 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4065772/

By Jeannette Walls with Ashley Pearson
    MSNBC
    Updated: 2:56 a.m. ET Jan. 27, 2004
    Will there be a Bush/Giuliani ticket in '04?

A well-placed source says that the president will “most likely” drop Dick Cheney from his re-election ticket and his first choice for a replacement is former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani.

“The issue of Cheney’s health will probably be given as the reason,” says the insider. “There’s a short list of possible replacements, and Rudy is at the top of the list.”

The source adds that the selection of the former New York mayor may be overridden by Bush advisors from the far right. “Giuliani has been pro-choice, pro-gay rights, and is pretty liberal on some other social issues, but the thinking is that he might broaden Bush’s appeal.”

If, however, Giuliani gets bumped from the ticket, says the source, “expect him to get a prime assignment in Washington as an consolation prize.”

Bush’s rep didn’t return calls, and a spokeswoman for Giuliani said, “Rudy Giuliani has been out in Iowa and New Hampshire talking about the incredible accomplishments of Vice President Dick Cheney with George Bush and working very hard to get them both re-elected.”

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    RATHER SEE GIULIANI / BUSH

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    wouldn't be bad. although i don't know if they replace cheney with the mayor for health reasons when rudy just got over cancer - may seem kinda lame.
    think a better choice would be condi rice.

i actually think rice is going to be put forward as the presidential candidate in '08. who better to counter the hilary brigade !!!???

4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Interesting possibility. I never though of it myself. Rudy may very well be electable in 2008 as a Republican presidential candidate...as we all know Cheney would not be.

His flexibility on the social issues mentioned are no big deal to me.

5. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I heard there is going to be a Bush/Gallardo ticket.

6. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

I doubt Bush will replace Cheney.

Condi would be great on any future ticket.

7. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

Well done!

Reminds of the days when there was a Mondale/Ferraro ticket...

8. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    Mondial/Ferrari?

9. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    It was equipped with the Valeo transmission and never went anywhere.

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Condi for 2008 would be un-freaking-believable :)... can you imagine the race between a rich Republican black lady and a rich Democrat white lady? That would be legendary. That's the stuff Greek legends are made of.

Bush/Giuliani who be even more of a steamroller than Bush/Cheney... I can see between Cheney's health and all the Halliburton crap coming up (although he's not with them anymore, on the news it might as well be his middle name, kind of like Chris "Gwyneth Paltrow's Hubby" Martin of Coldplay, "the band who's lead singer is with Gwyneth Paltrow"). Frankly, he's so low key I have zero idea how effective he is. Of course, my perception (and 98% of the population's) of what's a good job is of course filtered throught the politics of either Ted Turner or Rupert Murdoch (choose your evil)...

Maybe they'd like to keep Giuliani/Schwarzenegger for 2008. They'd have to forgive Clinton for his shenanigans though, considering G's open mistress and Ahnold's frisky hands.

11. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Giuliani/Schwarzenegger for 2008. Nice but Ahnold was born in Austria so no dice.

I think Giuliani is an inspired choice to replace Cheney who has percieved black marks thanks to Haliburton

Giuliani may PO the feminists but I like that about him :)

12. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    I think once the dem ticket is announced you will see Cheney dropped for health reasons, for both short term and long term Bush is better without him, he certainly is not going to take over in 08 so better get someone in place now, halibuton is the dems favorite non issue, Bush will get a boost by just dropping him because Cheney was originally needed for the experience factor, after four years that is less of an issue.

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Bush/Giuliani would certainly have better appeal, with the halo effect surrounding Giuliani's handling of 9/11. That combination would also send the left into a true foam-spitting fury :) I'd love to see that ticket, and then Giuliani/Rice in 2008 & 2012.

14. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    How any one could think that Condi Rice isn't the most annoying and ****seemingly**** unintelligent lady in the politics blows me away.

I would vote for Hillary in a heart beat, but I think she is annoying too.

But Condi, my god!! Please Republicans, please oh please put her up.

Cos there is no way the good ol' Texas, Carolina, Georgia... boys and girls would ever vote for a ****"colored woman"**** my god!! The horror!!!

Luke.

15. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    She is extremely intelligent.

16. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Everytime she is interviewed, everytime she is on Meet the Press, etc.. I want to bash the TV in. She really grates. Did you happen to see the bashing she took on the Daily Show last night?? Classic.

17. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    million says she takes you any debate/competition.

18. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    wonderful comeback. Where was I comparing myself to either of them, smartypants?

Luke.

19. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander

20. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Luke/KARMAVORE - i bet you'd change your mind about the Clintons if you had a clue about how they are fleecing America and living large on your (and my) tax dollars!! I'll take you down to their mansion in Chappaqua, NY and let you see what your tax dollars are paying for. And they are keeping all the $$$ they get from writing their memoirs, while we pay the $10k a month mortagage on the house.

As for Condeleeza Rice, she is great at what she does and has a very bright future in politics. As for her being President, well I think you're right that the good ole boy network wouldn't let it happen.

21. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    How are WE paying for thier house? ...or are you just throwing out something you heard Bill O'Riley say?

Luke.

22. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Try to follow along;
    The Clintons have a huge mansion in Chappaqua, NY. and the mortgage on the mansion is roughly $10k per month.
    There is a guest house on the property which houses the secret service agents in charge of protecting the Clintons.
    The Clintons charge the federal government rent on the guest house (for the secret service agents to live in) to the tune of $10k per month. The federal gov't pays the Clintons the $10k per month for renting the guest house.
    The Clintons get their monthly mortgage paid by our federal gov't tax dollars. That is how you and I are paying for their house. And all the while they are collecting lots of $$$ for writing their memoirs.
    Is that clear enough for you??

23. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    1) I have no reason to believe you, but good for them. If it is true, then I blame the government. Like you don't take all you can from the government and hope to pay the absolute least amount possible in taxes? Would you consider giving back some of your salary if you didn't get much work done one day? This is a stupid argument. We all take as much as we can. No one is righteous when it comes to money.

2) Perhaps it is tradition to donate profits from presidential memoirs to charity, I have no clue, but if it is that's stupid. They had a rough time in the white house, and I think they deserve to get what they can. should Donald Trump divvy up profits from his biography amongst his investors? WTF?

Luke.

24. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    First off, why would you not believe me?? Is this something I'd make up?? You have no reason not to believe me on this.
    And now for MORALITY 101. Simply because a majority of people lie, cheat and/or steal, that does not justify doing it. Lying, cheating and/or stealing are still morally wrong. I agree with you that everyone is in it for themselves (even me), but that does not make it right.
    And as for the Clinton's "rough time" in the White House, you can blame that squarely on Bill's tail chasing antics. That alone and absolutely nothing else (Don't even mention Hillary's fictional "right-wing conspiracy" theory) made the times tough for Bubba Love and Hillary. The Kennedys kept their dirty laundry hidden from the public, so why couldn't the Clintons???
    As for Donald Trump, he has done (and is still doing) very well building his empire with other peoples money. He keeps his investors happy and they all make money. I do not think that he used his investors money to write his memoirs. Since he only used his money to write the memoirs, he only has himself to reward with the profits. That's the art of the deal!!!

25. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    You're holding Bill Clinton to a higher moral standard????? LOL.

Please explain how Bill is using public money to write his memoirs?

Luke.