Trick KO Tool | FerrariChat

Trick KO Tool

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Napolis, Jan 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    This is a KO Tool we designed and made for my Lola, P4, and MK-IV.

2. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    One more.

3. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Another....

4. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Next Pic...

5. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    And another

6. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Im thinking one of those would work pretty dang good on my Daytona!

Any thought to making a batch?

Terry

7. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The cool thing is that it mimics hammering on but won't hurt the KO or the wheel if it slips. Once we test it out for a while we'll price a batch.
    Best

8. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Sign me up!

9. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    That would make a nice peice of art too. Because I have no idea what it does, it would have to be art for me to buy it.

10. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    James, I think you're starting to stray a bit. An original restoration would demand the use of a lead hammer and the appropriate scratches on your knockoffs. And wouldn't the handle of that lead hammer be made of some exotic Italian cypress wood branded with a prancing horse logo? (or possibly nibbled and bored upon by genuine Italian wood boring beetles)

11. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Arlie
    As usual you're right. I'm getting to the age where denting the KO's don't give me the same thrill as it once did. That said I still carry the old hammer in the luggage box. The one I have is really a replacement and in a way it's the reason I wound up with my P4. During the 67 LeMans race Cris Amon got a flat in the right rear. He took out the trusty Ferrari KO hammer and tried to change the tire. The head flew off the hammer and he was SOL. He then tried to drive back to the pits on the flat but the mag wheel heated up and caught on fire. This photo is what was left. Piper bought the remains and many years later I bought them from Piper. You can still see the repair to the damage that fire caused in my chassis.
    BTW note the Lola KO. The tooling for those no longer exists. I had to make those out of Billet Titainum. Wasn't pretty...

12. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    James, that photo of your car looks like it might be a freeze frame off a video source. And that makes me wonder (being in video engineering work). Back in 1967, most all documentary work was shot on film like 16mm. The upscale amateur/semi pro probably shot with a Bolex or Eumig. The pros probably used something better. (like an Arriflex?) But in the end, it was all on FILM. Even if the FILM was shown on television, it was still an electronic image from an original FILM process. To your knowledge, did French television use any ELECTRONIC television cameras to cover the 67 Lemans race? And did they record those ELECTRONIC images on VIDEOTAPE so that somewhere there might be a videotape of your car in action? I know that I have seen electronic videotape clips of the Beatles at their Budakon concert in Japan from 1966, and it was in color, so it seems possible that there might be a videotape of the '67 Lemans race filed away somewhere. Of course it would probably need a format conversion, but one has to start somewhere when looking for video gold. (My Bolex cameras are in storage, so I can't receive any cosmic vibrations from them!)

13. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Arlie
    You're right again. The video was sent to me from France in their format and is from the official BBC 30 min show of the 67 race which I'm sure was filmed by French TV. I'm not sure if it was originally filmed in film and appears as a video image now because the person in France taped it from a TV broadcast.
    Best

14. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Pretty damn slick, my friend. Pretty slick. This project never ceases to amaze. Onward and upward!

Nighty night, DrTax