new MSRP for 360 spyder | FerrariChat

new MSRP for 360 spyder

Discussion in '360/430' started by titanium360, Jan 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    My uncle has a 04 spyder which is on the water and was told by the local dealer that if the car gets in after February 15 that the new base price MSRP of $193K will be in effect. an increase of $9500.00 .

2. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    5% seems normal, nothing ever gets cheaper,

3. Sharris

Sharris Karting

Mar 19, 2002
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Sean Harris

Effective Feb. 16 Base price increased the following amounts:

360 spider:

old price - $176,000
    new price $182,275

360 F1 spider

old price - $186,608
    new price $193,150

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

He will have to pay the new price ?

5. Sharris

Sharris Karting

Mar 19, 2002
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Sean Harris
    Unfortunately the sticker price is the price in effect at time of delivery, not time of the order.

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Wow that sucks..i know someone who wont be too pleased :)

7. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Exactly and i bet you even if it gets here before the deadline that fna will delay it to make sure the premium is charged!

8. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    My Sipider is in that situation.On the boat and hoping for delivery before Feb. 16th. The boat is schedule to arrive early next week. It all will depend on how fast they unload and PDI it. My dealer is working feverishly to get it invoiced(that is the key date not delivery) prior to the 15th. They are optimistic but nothing is guaranteed.:(

9. Sharris

Sharris Karting

Mar 19, 2002
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Sean Harris
    This is true, but they are usually invoiced when the car leaves FNA and that is when the stickers are placed in the window.

10. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    how did you get the boat schedule? my uncle's cars shows 91% on the dealer's computer!

11. Sharris

Sharris Karting

Mar 19, 2002
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Sean Harris
    That would be stage 91 meaning it is off the boat and at FNA.

12. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    i am sorry i meant 90. does that mean if it shows 91 before feb 15 that he will be getting the old price?

13. Sharris

Sharris Karting

Mar 19, 2002
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Sean Harris
    Stage 90 is still on the water. Stage 91 is arrival at the port, Stage 92 is P.D.I. complete and stage 93 is enroute to dealer. I don't know if it will beat the deadline or not, do you know when it went stage 90?

14. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    it was 90 last week.

15. Sharris

Sharris Karting

Mar 19, 2002
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Sean Harris

Last week is probably too late I am sorry to say. It is roughly, for me anyways, 30 days from the time they hit the water until they arrive at my store. The East coast dealers are closer to the port, so they get them a bit sooner from Horseless Carriage.

I hope it arrives sooner than expected :]

16. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    That is BS, that would piss me off enough to look elsewhere. I am sure the dealer's price was established before it left Italy. How could they not go by the date it was ordered and a deposit was placed?

17. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    it is not the dealer's fault . it's FNA which is dictating the MSRP price. my argument with my uncle was that why if the car is built and on the water they do not commit to an MSRP price?

18. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I don't know if it is the dealer or FNA and it wouldn't matter to me. I wouldn't pay it. There are too many options out there.They might as well have a shuttle to the Lambo dealer!

19. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I want to be sure I understand the system. The sticker price is placed on the car after FNA receives it. It should not matter when the they send it or how long it takes to get to the dealer. Am I correct?

Also, isn't true that Ferrari is notoriously slack in updating exactly what phase the vehicle is in?

I am scrambling to find any nugget of information which would save me over $10,000. Have all the options been increased as well?

20. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Yes, as far as i know all the options are also increased. i was told due to the dollar exhcange.

21. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Nick
    I went through the same thing when I bought an 87 TR new.
    The day after the increase went into effect the car "appeared".
    That was FOA 15+ years ago. The new price was 127000.

22. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Uggh! I hope they are more customer oriented this time around. I had a promised delivery date of Jan. 29th. To charge me the higher price because of their failure to meet that date would certainly qualify as one of the more unconscionable acts an organization can do to a customer.-:(

23. Sharris

Sharris Karting

Mar 19, 2002
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Sean Harris

They are sometimes slow to update the stage code, but there is a date when it was last updated, stage 90 dates are usually very accurate. FNA assigned a date (Feb 16) for the price increase to take effect and all cars invoiced on that date and subsequent cars thereafter are invoiced to the dealer at the new increased price. Some will be shipped the day before, some not, but to my knowledge it is this way with most all manufacturers. The flip side is when a manufacturer comes out with a rebate; what about the poor guy that bought the day before and did not receive it?

When I take a deposit, sometimes years in advance, I explain to the customer that the price is subject to window sticker at the time of delivery. They do have the option to cancel their order if they so desire.

Option pricing has not been changed - yet.